Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Reputation: TwistedCrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,954

    Trail Conditions January 2003

    Really really good for that time of year. Virtually everything between 8th Street and MR was ridable. Got lots of dirt miles in that year.

    That was then and this is now and this ain't the summer of love.

    Holy kamolee the skiing is good this year. Just got some skate skis to add to the toy collection.Yar!

    Oh yeah and the road rides in the snow and rain have been a real kick in the drawers too.
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 01-30-2006 at 08:53 AM.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

  2. #2
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,976

    Snow year...

    for sure. Might as well enjoy it while we have it! Those high alpine trails might open up really late this year

    Powder for all this year, I stayed off the bike this weekend and put in 10,000 feet in the backcountry.

    Chris
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  3. #3
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    for sure. Might as well enjoy it while we have it! Those high alpine trails might open up really late this year

    Powder for all this year, I stayed off the bike this weekend and put in 10,000 feet in the backcountry.

    Chris
    Translation:

    "Those backcountry trails I, and I alone, know about will open up later for ME this summer while you a$$holes are riding the foothills for the 90th time. I skiied more feet in the backcountry this weekend than most of you will your entire lives."

    Man, this is too easy! Me? Yesterday, I sat on the beach from 11:30 AM to 2PM and then golfed from 4:20 to 6:20 in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Too bad I can't golf for sh!t, cause there ain't no bikes in sight down here. *sigh* This sunburn makes sleeping a little difficult though!

  4. #4
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Reputation: TwistedCrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Translation:

    "Those backcountry trails I, and I alone, know about will open up later for ME this summer while you a$$holes are riding the foothills for the 90th time. I skiied more feet in the backcountry this weekend than most of you will your entire lives."

    Man, this is too easy! Me? Yesterday, I sat on the beach from 11:30 AM to 2PM and then golfed from 4:20 to 6:20 in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Too bad I can't golf for sh!t, cause there ain't no bikes in sight down here. *sigh* This sunburn makes sleeping a little difficult though!
    Let me load up my pea shooter and take aim at the new target painted on Piggy's rump:

    You took time from you busy vacation schedule to say hello to your friends on this board? That's so sweet.

    OR

    You're so bent around the axle of this pathetic forum that you just had to log in from some distant sun-soaked vacation paradise to see what us losers are still up to? Ouch. I'll bet that sun is hot. You'd better go take a dip in the pool.

    Take your pick. (BTW There's a 12 of PBR I owe you waiting for you when you get back.)
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

  5. #5
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Let me load up my pea shooter and take aim at the new target painted on Piggy's rump:

    You took time from you busy vacation schedule to say hello to your friends on this board? That's so sweet.

    OR

    You're so bent around the axle of this pathetic forum that you just had to log in from some distant sun-soaked vacation paradise to see what us losers are still up to? Ouch. I'll bet that sun is hot. You'd better go take a dip in the pool.

    Take your pick. (BTW There's a 12 of PBR I owe you waiting for you when you get back.)
    Well, Dad is out walking, the wife and stepmother are shopping, and the kid is napping, so I thought I better see what's up in the land of snow. It was supposed to rain here today, but it's just 78 and sunny right now. This forum beats reality TV any day of the week. Believe it or not, there is some "mountain" biking down here - check out the trails in the Caloosahatchee Regional Park.

  6. #6
    TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Reputation: TwistedCrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    check out the trails in the Caloosahatchee Regional Park.
    Caloosahatchee huh?
    No thanks. I don't like the local cooterbait asking me to squeel like a pig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 01-30-2006 at 12:40 PM.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

  7. #7
    sharing the love
    Reputation: zebdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Caloosahatchee huh?
    No thanks. I don't like the local cooterbait asking my to squeel like a pig.
    When we were riding to the trail head of some trail outside of Vegas, we came across three children with no shoes and they were all playing instruments. They were just standing at the end of a driveway and playing very well. Very weird. It made me think of the same thing, of course.
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

  8. #8
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Reputation: Visicypher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,654
    I had cooter experience happen a lot while mtn. biking in Kentucky....or, as EP would rather have it, KY...and in WV....odd huh?

    This weekend I stayed off my bike (not) and dumped 3 huge piles from the chute each morning before the AM juice parade. And like Hidataki (rock climber reference), I am gonna open the chute after each climb to claim my victory. With a chute filled with performance enhanced spackle, I plan to pay homage to the trail gnomes with a spackle fresco. (I wonder if I can get a IMBA grant for that....better yet a Quaker Oats sponsorship.)
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

  9. #9
    26er
    Reputation: smilycook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,976

    whity on the beach!

    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Translation:

    "Those backcountry trails I, and I alone, know about will open up later for ME this summer while you a$$holes are riding the foothills for the 90th time. I skiied more feet in the backcountry this weekend than most of you will your entire lives."

    Man, this is too easy! Me? Yesterday, I sat on the beach from 11:30 AM to 2PM and then golfed from 4:20 to 6:20 in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. Too bad I can't golf for sh!t, cause there ain't no bikes in sight down here. *sigh* This sunburn makes sleeping a little difficult though!
    did they pass out sunglasses when you walked your white ass onto the beach, or have you been spending some quality time at planet beach tanning instead of riding

    you are hooked...
    Live to ride!

    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

  10. #10
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    did they pass out sunglasses when you walked your white ass onto the beach, or have you been spending some quality time at planet beach tanning instead of riding

    you are hooked...
    Naw, I went straight from white to red! Ouch! Gotta get that base burn before heading to Aruba in a couple of days.

    The only thing whiter here than the beach sand is the hair on the heads of 80% of the residents. The last time I saw this many whitehairs was when the Chuckwagon gave away all you can eat free jello and pudding. It's fun to be doing 55 in a 45, only to be passed like you're standing still by some 90 year old woman in a Tichonderoga class Cadillac.

  11. #11
    Contagious Xian
    Reputation: Bombin4X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,831

    Hey mon!

    Have a dandy time EP and make sure to get all fat and cheezed out so I might have a chance to keep up with you when you return...go extra big on the non-light brews and deep frieds...

    :-)

    Take some pics to send to us..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •