Don't worry, be happy!

Trail Building this sat in CDA

Visicypher put this together:

If anyone has any questions, have them PM me.

Volunteers Needed!!!

On September 19th at 9am, the Coeur d’Alene Parks Department is looking for volunteers to help with the construction of trails on Canfield in order to provide beginner-level mountain trails to the public. The work will involve the construction of switchbacks and new trails. Volunteers are asked to bring gloves, water, and, if available, one of the following: mattock, pick or shovel.

Directions to the trail head are as follows:

From exit 14 on I-90, drive 1.9 miles north on N. 15 St., turn right onto E. Shadduck Ln., drive 0.6 miles to N. Copper Way, Left onto N. Copper Way, then left onto E. Mountain Vista Dr. The trail head is on the right, approximately 0.1 miles after you turn
    Last edited by Visicypher; 09-26-2009 at 08:13 PM.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Thanks goes out to Ken, Kirk, Shawn, and Dominic who showed for the trail digging. Thanks also goes out to Java of Coeur d'Alene and the Interagency Fire Cache for coffee and tools, respectively, and Monte of the City of CDA.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Another Day & A Different Trail

Great people dedicated to building more trails. And they definitely work hard...as they built a switchback with rock wall (3 ft tall, about 12 ft. long with a 2 ft thickness) and drain in about 2 hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Visicypher; 09-26-2009 at 09:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Looks like a tough crowd, but where's the young guys?
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

young crowd was building the drains. the old guys and I were building the rock cribbing and switchback.

Oddly enough, most of the trail builders I've met here are older, save for Peter at Beacon Hill in Spokane.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Old guys

Day in and day out, it's the old guys that continue to show up to build trail!

Visc, Wish I could have joined you for a day of building and riding. Maybe next time you are down you can come enjoy the fruits of what you started in Boise. There is only about 120 steps of digging left.