mtbr member
    Jun 2009

trail #120 from Bogus

We are new to the mountain bikeing and I was looking at the trail system maps on ridge to rivers web site and saw the trail #120 that goes from bogus to ?? I was wondering were it ended and what kind of riding that trail had to offer?

mtbr member
    #120 is Eastside Trail. It is one of the best stretches of single track in the area, in my opinion. From the top it is mostly downhill with a climb out at the end. tight, twisty, smooth, rough, creek crossings, optional log bridges, jumps, woops, the trail has a little bit of everything. I say ride it. When you say "new to mountain biking" I dont know what you are really looking for, you might be cussing the climb at the end, and be really beat by the time you get to where you started, but it is also the kind of trail that can ignite a passion for riding, that's why I definitey think you should ride it. The catch is the map doesnt show the trail that climbs out, back up to the road. When #120 meets #124, rather than continue right (marked eastside) you turn left and follow the trail all the way back up, arriving at junction where a faint 2-track and another single track converge.. The 2 track crosses private property and a bypass single track was created this has been in place for years now, and goes by numerous names. It is not signed, but takes you to BB road. this is all part of the Stack Rock loop if you are familiar with that area at all. There are ohter ways to continue on out of #120, but I would only confuse you more. You really need a map, even if hand scribbled by someone who knows....There may be more info on this in one of the local trail books, but I dont think so. Maybe someone could chime in with that. Good luck

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Well friday when I'm back in Boise I think that I will have to try and get a map that will show the trail a little better.
    The trail sounds like what I want. The wife doesn't want just downhill so I guess I could park at the bottom and ride up then down. How long is the trail? Would that be an all day trail getting up? I'm pretty outgoing and will push my body qiute hard I just turned 30 so im not old and out of shape but im not quite young and in shape. The wife in the other hand is a diehard fitness gal so if she would be willing to try it I would fall over dead before I gave up.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    There is no up then down for Eastside. Eastside's profile is that of a bowl. You will always finish with a climb...which is about 800' of climbing.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sounds like a good chalenge and sounds like a good trail. I'm up for it. So untill I get a good map to get a better idea of the trail were are the start and ending points of the trail? It looks like it has a starting point up at bogus basin but it doesn't give any reference point at the bottom of the trail. Also how long is it rufly?
    Thanks for the info so far you guys I appriciate it.