Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Dirty Monkey
    Reputation: dirtluvraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    546

    ... and if we just ... Trade AZ winter for Wy/Id/Mt summer?

    Hey all, I know what you are going thru! I'm originally from Casper, was riding my DB Ridgerunner (that dates me!) on Casper mtn in the winter with a snowmobile ski rigged on the front. Hah! Living in the Phx, AZ area for the last 17 yrs. We ride all year, but summers are too damn hot! Have a place for you to crash, can show you places, XC to tech, as tough as you want. Lots of the manufacturers use South Mtn here for testing. Will trade winter here for summer there, if you've got the place. I'm off and free mon-wed and every other thurs, so 3 off one week, 4 the next. Do have an extra bike, Kona Dawg. small, if you don't want to bring your own. Sorry, not riding my Titus!

  2. #2
    Dirty Monkey
    Reputation: dirtluvraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    546
    This was Christmas day, 2p.m.!
    Last edited by dirtluvraz; 10-05-2006 at 01:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Don't worry, be happy!
    Reputation: formica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,559
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtluvraz
    Hey all, I know what you are going thru! I'm originally from Casper, was riding my DB Ridgerunner (that dates me!) on Casper mtn in the winter with a snowmobile ski rigged on the front. Hah! Living in the Phx, AZ area for the last 17 yrs. We ride all year, but summers are too damn hot! Have a place for you to crash, can show you places, XC to tech, as tough as you want. Lots of the manufacturers use South Mtn here for testing. Will trade winter here for summer there, if you've got the place. I'm off and free mon-wed and every other thurs, so 3 off one week, 4 the next. Do have an extra bike, Kona Dawg. small, if you don't want to bring your own. Sorry, not riding my Titus!
    LOL, Casper! We lived there ( oil field work) in the early 80's.... don't get me going....

  4. #4
    Don't worry, be happy!
    Reputation: formica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,559
    the good old days... hubby logged wells for Gearhart. He was just telling the kid about it at dinner tonight, one week he worked 144 hours Then onto Powell...for a year after that, then we got busted and left the state.

    ah, memories...

  5. #5
    Dirty Monkey
    Reputation: dirtluvraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    LOL, Casper! We lived there ( oil field work) in the early 80's.... don't get me going....

    Graduated '80, Kelly Walsh, worked AMF Tuboscope from '80 to '85. Know the feeling all too well! AZ winters can't be beat, no hurricanes, rain, snow. Summers, on the other hand, up at 4, riding by 4:30, quit by 10am 'cause it's hitting 95-100!

  6. #6
    Dirty Monkey
    Reputation: dirtluvraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    the good old days... hubby logged wells for Gearhart. He was just telling the kid about it at dinner tonight, one week he worked 144 hours Then onto Powell...for a year after that, then we got busted and left the state.

    ah, memories...
    Some good times, indeed! Silicon chips are the oilfields of the new millenium. Not complaining, though, paid for my 3 bikes! Offer still stands for anyone who wants to get away for a couple days or so. Here, however, you do have to watch for snakes. Not so much now, but by early March,,, have had 2 direct encounters with rattlers, I hate snakes!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    82
    I really enjoyed Phoenix this past fall. My wife's parents lived there (now in CO). Even in October it was hot! South Mountain has a great network of trails. Wish I could take you up on it, but you're welcome to hang out here next summer. I've got a work schedule similar to yours.

  8. #8
    Dirty Monkey
    Reputation: dirtluvraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by bikemech23
    I really enjoyed Phoenix this past fall. My wife's parents lived there (now in CO). Even in October it was hot! South Mountain has a great network of trails. Wish I could take you up on it, but you're welcome to hang out here next summer. I've got a work schedule similar to yours.

    I just might take you up on that. It's always best to have locals that will show you the trails, there's a lot better stuff than what shows up in books, etc!
    Thanks
    Mike

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    82

    Dang right!

    Couldn't agree more! I'm getting to know my way around here

    Wish I would've gotten to ride Geronimo and Holbert. Maybe we can make your part of the trade good for riding there next winter. Some locals pointed this area out to me on South Mountain.



    My wife had lotsa fun on National:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •