mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Smile Tires for Laramie Range & Snowies?

Hello just curious what people are running for tires in the Laramie area. I'm currently running the captain controls and love em. I tried a variety of tire brands and always seem to go back to the captains. Great grip in a wide variety of conditions and low rolling resistance for Happy Jack area. Looking to try the purgatory up front for next riding season.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Whatever my bike came with... Kenda something something. Haha! They've done well and have worn nicely (meaning I haven't gone through them in the 400+ miles I rode this summer, still lots of tread). Only time I didn't like them was in Moab on slickrock, definitely not quite sticky enough for that stuff. I think for next year I'm going to look into getting a better variety of tires depending on terrain

Laramie, Wyoming
    I'm waiting for my Bud and Lou tires. There is no better grip than 4.8" wide.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Kenda Karmas seem to have worked well for me in the curt gowdy area. there is a lot of traction out there due to the melted snow and so on. StickE tires work well as well with the loose pebbles..

Laramie, Wyoming
    Hey Stumpynerd, I assume you are in Laramie, would you want to ride sometime?