Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thursday's Memorial Barney Ride

500 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bombin4X 
#1 ·
Well, it has been great to have so many rides and activities going this week to honor our fallen pal, Nick, who truly deserves all the remembrance and ceremony we can give him.

Last night was blazing hot, but we still had about 18 show up for the ride, and half a dozen more show up for the celebratory toast and reminiscence, stories, and so on. We did a simple series of "Nick's Loops." One group did Mtn Cove over to Central Ridge down Bucktail, and a faster group added Shanes. Later at the bbq, thanks to Chad once again for the silver bullet, chips and Mrs. Renfros... we even got to see Lua perform the disappearing chicken trick, that I think most dogs know pretty well. :D

Thanks to all those who showed up, on both Tuesday and Thursday Barneys to honor Nick. And for allowing me open the Tues nt ride in prayer and a moment of respect and silence.

Here are some shots:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Wow great turnout. Thanks CBro for the hard work on the rides and emails for the Nick-events this week. Good to see K2 & JJ, flip & RRB, CrashBurn, Laffeaux, GetLost & Cheyenne (daughter), lv2ride, Howley, Laura, and I can't remember if I forgot anyone else at Nick's services today. Pretty moving experience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.