mtbr member
    May 2011

Tamarack Lift This Summer?

I know Tamarack closed a few years ago, but I am starting to hear rumors that they might be opening the lift this summer. Their website seems to elude to that as well. I have not lived in the area for a while, as I have been out chasing work and school. Could someone help me out? Did they run last summer? Any truth in rumors about this summer?

mtbr member
    I heard some rumors that they want to open the lifts, but it's just too expensive to do full time, so they're trying to figure out a way for part time or special days. Nothing confirmed though.

Look out!
    Lifts? Don't need no stinkin' lifts. Use the quads you were born with and ride to the top. The ride down is much more enjoyable having worked for it...
    Ride the bike.

jalepenio jimenez
    Mark, when are you going to start riding like an old retired guy?
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid View Post
    Lifts? Don't need no stinkin' lifts. Use the quads you were born with and ride to the top. The ride down is much more enjoyable having worked for it...
    I love me some lifts within convenient drives of Boise. Downhill bikes are a blast and beings how I own one (some might say two), I would love more lift access options for utilizing them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I haven't heard anything an Tamarack. Last I heard people were getting popped for trespassing while riding up to come back down. I wish it would open again.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    What do you mean by more lift access? What are the lift access options currently? I am moving to Boise mid June and am trying to figure out if its worth bringing my DH bike with me, or leaving it in the North East for when I go home to visit family.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayb View Post
    What do you mean by more lift access? What are the lift access options currently? I am moving to Boise mid June and am trying to figure out if its worth bringing my DH bike with me, or leaving it in the North East for when I go home to visit family.
    Assume you are talking to me. Currently lift access is Brundage Mt. in McCall and going to Sun Valley. I believe both are weekends only (know that for sure of Brundage) where Brundage is full on DH bike worthy but limited in trails. Elk Trail is fun on a DH bike but better on a solid all Mtn bike. Their DH trail, Hidden Valley, is actually really fun but it is the only true DH trail but miserable on anything but a DH bike for very long. There is a trail called Zorro that is a blast but it only goes down part of the mtn and you either ride a fire road back or pedal a lot out if you stay on trails.

Sun Valley really is better on a solid all mtn bike but ok on a big bike. The have the Warm Springs trail which is a blast to ride and worth the trip for sure. long and fast and varied. I would bring the big bike as there are options if you are motivated and if Tamarack runs lifts even on weekends, it is a fun mtn. Nothing like the big names out there on the east coast of Colorado but still a good time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Cool, I'll probably end up bringing it anyways. It seems to me that there are at least some places I could have fun on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Keep me posted, we could figure something out I am sure. I love riding my big bike and sometimes have to create the opportunities to do so but always a good time when we do.