Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    26er

SWIMBA Trailwork: Willow Lane Trailwork on Sunday the 9th at 10am

Hello All, I wanted to let everyone know that we will be digging dirt out at the jumps at Willow Lane this coming Sunday the 9th. We will be meeting at 10am out there and hope to get a lot of good work done. The Willow Lane Dirt Jump park is located in the Willow Lane sports complex off of State St.

Bring: Some gloves, a shovel, lunch, water, and your bike too.

Thanks,
    Chris
    SWIMBA Pres.
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

Contagious Xian
    Earthpig's Pentagram Drawing Class is scheduled that time and day. Woulda loved to contribute my dirt moving skillz but count me (and probably CBro The Unholy) out.

aaarrrggghh!
    Give the Lord a rest and move some dirt. Anyhow, we'll be out there most of the day, I'm sure God will understand. Your supposed to be Believers on Mountain Bikes. Not Believers who ride Mountain bikes on the sh!t everyone else has built.

Contagious Xian
    Ian, I had to chuckle a little at that one. Any other day and I will do my best to be there. I've got many commitments in my life where other people are counting on me, and Sunday morning (although very convenient for many) just won't work for me. I would love to contribute and get to know you guys out there over some blood sweat, digging, and possibly tears. I've emailed you a few times about my interest in involvement with the mtb community so you must know I am not bs'ing.

I'm sure you can understand

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    Give the Lord a rest and move some dirt. Anyhow, we'll be out there most of the day, I'm sure God will understand. Your supposed to be Believers on Mountain Bikes. Not Believers who ride Mountain bikes on the sh!t everyone else has built.
    Thanks for telling me what I'm supposed to be. Finally, some instruction after all these years. You should have a radio call-in program or write a book.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    We will be meeting at 10am out there...
    C'mon smelly, 10 AM? Sh!t, half the day is nearly over by 10 AM. Why the long wait? What happen to mandatory 8 AM meeting times? You're not thinking people might want to sleep in a little on a Sunday, perhaps have some family time, are ya? God forbid.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Hey, I'll get my ass down there and contribute my fair share if some people will do it Saturday.
    I have community service for building a jump off of Amity Elementary School
    It was so damn cool that it was worth the trouble I got.
    Saturday will work for me though, so if anyone would be willing to do it then, I'll show.

And God Damnit, don't use the Lord's name in vain. Jesus Christ, what's wrong with you people???

I'm able to help out any saturday for 3 weeks, and then both saturday and sunday from there on out.

Contagious Xian

Is study hall over yet?

So it is true - dirt jumping does lead to a life of crime.

aaarrrggghh!
    Down boy, down!

King of the Barneys
    Down boy, down!
    Sorry, that never works when my wife says it either...
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

King of the Barneys
    We're all so accomodating. Guess that's why we're so loved.

Has it struck anyone as strange that we're talking about dirt jumping on a mountain-bike board? Isn't that, like, dood, so off-topic? Why not skateboarding, body piercing, & aerosol huffing, too?

I'm hosting a slouching & mumbling seminar at Hot Topic tonight around 7 for those doods who can't seem to get their pants low enough to be cool. Bring safety pins, ok?

CDB

aaarrrggghh!
    Dirt jumping is another form of mountain biking. In fact, most of the folks who are into working on Willow are the same ones that brought you the Rock Island Trail. Change is in the wind my friend, we will make this town a fun place for all cyclists, not just the XC crowd. The Boise timewarp can distort such truths, but we have to work around them and we shall overcome.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    The Boise timewarp can distort such truths, but we have to work around them and we shall overcome.
    Stickin it to the man are yah?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Barneys Unite!
    Now THAT'S funny.

King of the Barneys
    Dirt jumping is another form of mountain biking. In fact, most of the folks who are into working on Willow are the same ones that brought you the Rock Island Trail. Change is in the wind my friend, we will make this town a fun place for all cyclists, not just the XC crowd. The Boise timewarp can distort such truths, but we have to work around them and we shall overcome.
    OK, I have to admit, I usually like change.... like when I reach into my pocket, get a little thrill and find some change.

I like the "my friend" part too, since we met at Reeds one day. You even gave me some advice. And it wasn't just to go screw myself, either.

The timewarp happens to serve me well raising teenagers here. Your turn's probably coming someday. Makes a backwater type place kind of attractive when you want to protect kids.

I hope you "overcome" and can turn Boise into Whistler Park. I haven't been to Whistler in a long, long time, and miss it. Hey, go for it. I probably won't be able to ride most of what you build, but I'll enjoy watching Bx, Daryl and others rock it on over...

CDB

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    OK, I have to admit, I usually like change.... like when I reach into my pocket, get a little thrill and find some change.

I like the "my friend" part too, since we met at Reeds one day. You even gave me some advice. And it wasn't just to go screw myself, either.

The timewarp happens to serve me well raising teenagers here. Your turn's probably coming someday. Makes a backwater type place kind of attractive when you want to protect kids.

I hope you "overcome" and can turn Boise into Whistler Park. I haven't been to Whistler in a long, long time, and miss it. Hey, go for it. I probably won't be able to ride most of what you build, but I'll enjoy watching Bx, Daryl and others rock it on over...

CDB
    I don't get it. Are you protecting you kids against heathen freeriders? Or from thugs from Caldwell and Nampa?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll be there. Even if it's pouring rain I'll still be there to agree with everybody else that it's pouring rain and to go home; or, to work in the rain.

Now do we have a commitment on a piece of motorized equipment to help with this work?

aaarrrggghh!
    We have a piece of equipment coming in on Sunday. It doesn't matter if it rains. We are mostly working the dirt into the places its going to be before the final shaping. We need your help. Willow is a great time for riders of all ages and we support jumps both big and small.

And for the record, I'm not interested in turning anything into Whistler, its fine right where it is. I just want to have some good, challenging, and technical bike riding right here in the valley. That way I don't have to drive so far to enjoy that style of riding, which I believe is good for everyone.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I have to work sunday. No rest for the wicked. Ill come before i start, atleast ill try

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I don't get it. Are you protecting you kids against heathen freeriders? Or from thugs from Caldwell and Nampa?
    BOTH!

And Canyon County's nothing compared to the armpits I lived in as a kid, such as Oakland or east L.A. Makes Boise feel like Disneyland... although Canyon County's quickly catching up to those wonderful spots. Might even be enough to get me to start carrying again... (a frame pump, that is...)

CDB

aaarrrggghh!
    Yeah, wanna pick up a shovel and help or are you too busy talkin sh!t over the internet with your big internuts.

Contagious Xian
    I am still laughing about the "stickin it to the man, are ya?" post. Even my wife laughed.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Yeah, wanna pick up a shovel and help or are you too busy talkin sh!t over the internet with your big internuts.
    The serious reply:
    Actually I'd rather pick up a shovel and help. Often times have regrets about overcommiting my life to other things but still feel lucky to be able to squeeze in what saddle time I can. Like several of us on the board the timing of the work sessions has not worked out. Regardless I still do adhoc trail maintenance whenever I can (I spend enough time on the local trails after all) and I don't go around thumping my chest about it or belonging to some self righteous organization like SWIMBA to groupthink it.

The Twisted reply:
    As for the big internuts it's a regretable medical condition that comes with grey hair.

As for the talking sh!t, sonny, the first trail I built used the hood of a Chevy to huck from. We were riding sticksh!t Stingrays with sissybars and it was 1971. As for building more adult trails I was digging waterbreaks and pounding riprap on the east side of the Sierras before you were swimming around in your fathers balls.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    BOTH!

And Canyon County's nothing compared to the armpits I lived in as a kid, such as Oakland or east L.A. Makes Boise feel like Disneyland... although Canyon County's quickly catching up to those wonderful spots. Might even be enough to get me to start carrying again... (a frame pump, that is...)

CDB
    What about goddless communism?

What about liberal humansim?

What about Yemani terrorists with forged passports and rudimentary flight training?

What about white-suburban middle-american gated-community-living gun-toting Marilyn Manson-quoting bowling class-cutting high school punks?

aaarrrggghh!
    I'm sure, since I'm like twelve? Uphill in the snow both ways huh? SWIMBA represents local and nonlocal riding. Whether you like it or not they are going to be heard alot more than you on this message board or the odd waterbar you help fix on your own. No one is thumping chests, we are only encouraging people to come out and help with a little friendly harassment. Hopefully that's how you see.

As for time. Its amazing how much time we put into this message board instead of other things. If you doing it at work, I'm glad you don't work for me. Talk about nonproductive employees.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast