Barneys Unite!

SWIMBA Group Ride Sunday 07/19 - Fat Tire Traverse

Join SWIMBA for a ride on the foothills' newest trail - Fat Tire Traverse (Trail 42). The trail was finished last week and connects Sidewinder to Trail 5.

We will meet at the Military Reserve parking lot (near the softball field) off Mountain Cove Road at 9:00 AM. We will plan on having a more advanced group leaving first, followed by a beginner/intermediate group. We will take the MR Connector to Crestline, Sidewinder, and then Fat Tire to Trail 5. Different options are available at that point.

This will be a no drop, fun ride. Please remember to bring a helmet and plenty of hydration.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hello, I donít really know how to ask but I guess I just want to know where I would fit in.. I know I wouldnít be able to ride with the advanced group, do to my cardio fitness level at this point. With the beginner do you start and then not stop till its over? Or are there points the group stops to let people (me) catch their breath? I just donít like feeling like I am holding people up. My normal rout I have been working on is Kestrel to crestline then down the lower hulls gulch trail. I am getting better but I still have to stop a few times and rest. Would I hold up the beginner group? And yes, that is me that your asking ďare you okĒ? On the Giant xtc, Going up Kestrel lol. Thank you by the way I must look like I am dieng.

Barneys Unite!

You will fit in just fine . . .

we stop and rest as often as anyone needs. I will more than likely be the first to stop and gasp for breath!

Seriously, if you can make it up Kestrel, you should be fine. These really are "no-drop" rides - that's why we break into two groups.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

TF