Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Storm Hits Dry Wolf Trail in Central Montana

765 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  davidarnott 
#1 ·
#3 ·
No, I haven't been up near baldy or yogo peak this year yet. The storm must have hit there too. I talked to some moto guys that said the silver gulch trail also got hit. How was the snow creek trail? I've never been up that. You can still do a nice little loop ride by riding up dry wolf trail then turning at the silver gulch trail. Go over the bridge and up a few hundred feet to the intersection with the bypass trail and just ride down that instead of going up silver gulch. Its actually a really fun coasting downhill.

#4 ·
Its Steep

Snow creek is quite steep especially at the top, its a pretty tight canyon very scenic, heavy timber, mossy, it has a sweet little creek coming down crystal clear, there are about four or five crossings and a SUPER rickety bridge up by the old mine, its two track mostly, rocky. I was gunning for baldy but ran out of steam there at the mine and turned back. At Stanford they said that there was a new travel plan coming out in August that would close a lot of the Middle Fork WSA to motorcycle traffic and I am assuming bicycles as well.

Get this, Greg406 told me that in the Gallatin National Forest it is legal to "bushwack" anywhere on a bicycle or foot. I guess you just have to stay off closed trails, ha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.