Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Bike!

Look out!

Stolen Bike!

Aaaaaagh! My 2012 Santa Cruz Blur TRc was stolen last night. Orange and Black with Kenda nevagal tires. Full XT. Please keep an eye out. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen Bike!-dscf1723.jpg  

Last edited by mtnbkrid; 09-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It would be nice if you tell us from where...
    2007 Specialized FSR Comp
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanovnv View Post
    It would be nice if you tell us from where...

That would be Boise.
    Ride the bike.

mtnjam
    where was it stolen from? Garage, restaurant, etc?
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

Look out!
    This is no s**t, from inside a "locked" fire station in southeast Boise. Sometime between 2100 and 0500 this morning. Talk about brass balls. I went downstairs and saw that it was gone. I had taken it to work to clean it up for a trip to McCall next week. I figured it would be safe. I filed a police report and they are working on it......(theme song from Jeopardy now)...........There is a reward for the safe return of the bike. Thanks for the interest.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    damn! i will keep a lookout around BSU and the trails.
    It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

jalepenio jimenez
    bummer Mark. I always wondered about station security when I was working, but was never so unlucky to find anything missing in the a.m. good luck recovering it.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by mudflap View Post
    bummer Mark. I always wondered about station security when I was working, but was never so unlucky to find anything missing in the a.m. good luck recovering it.
    Yeah, thanks Jim. I couldn't freaking believe it. I thought somebody was messing with me but as I searched the station and realized it was GONE. . I made up a flyer and visited a bunch of the bike shops and pawn shops to help get the word out.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Any surveillance around the station? when I worked in a station in Cali there was at least perimeter surveillance. It must have been an inside job. Someone who you work with probably? Feel for you but will keep an eye out. Do you have the serial number?

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Any surveillance around the station? when I worked in a station in Cali there was at least perimeter surveillance. It must have been an inside job. Someone who you work with probably? Feel for you but will keep an eye out. Do you have the serial number?
    No visual surveillance, there are electronic card readers on all exterior doors but, sometimes, they do not latch correctly. Which we have told the city maintenance people to come and fix before this happened. The city security person will check her computer records of door openings on Monday morning. So, it is a waiting game. I do have an older bike I can ride to take my frustrations out. I have seen only one other bike of the same make and model in the last year. It is a pretty rare bike. I spent big bank to get it. I do have the serial number and the police have it as well.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Will watch the local trails for your bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That station on Gowen by the Simplot fields?

mtbr member
    If the detective that has been assigned to the case is doing his/her job then they'll be watching craigslist but so too can you.

I'm not sure this works on craigs anymore but it's a good search engine for ebay.
    For Sale - bicycle - multi-site search mash

all three of my bikes (one was wifeys) stolen out of my garage two years ago ended up on Craigslist, my wife's custom Titus Racer X in less than 24 hours. The detective in my town was not successful in setting up a sting or get the ***** to meet. I eventually put in a claim with my homeowner's insurance. Thieves suck

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Was your garage door open? I shut mine even while mowing the back yard. Paranoid and probably burning out the garage door opener motor. Friend has his motorcycle pushed out of an open garage in broad daylight while he was in the house!

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    If the detective that has been assigned to the case is doing his/her job then they'll be watching craigslist but so too can you.

I'm not sure this works on craigs anymore but it's a good search engine for ebay.

all three of my bikes (one was wifeys) stolen out of my garage two years ago ended up on Craigslist, my wife's custom Titus Racer X in less than 24 hours. The detective in my town was not successful in setting up a sting or get the ***** to meet. I eventually put in a claim with my homeowner's insurance. Thieves suck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Was your garage door open? I shut mine even while mowing the back yard. Paranoid and probably burning out the garage door opener motor. Friend has his motorcycle pushed out of an open garage in broad daylight while he was in the house!
    My garage was broken into while I was upstairs sleeping. Luckily wifey was out of town with her Ibis Mojo with her. The got my road bike, my Ventana El Ciclon, and wifey's older Ti Racer X. Oddly, they didn't take my Moots YBB or my daughter's Voodoo. I'm pretty sure my garage was cased and we were the victim of a bike theft ring. Mtnbkrid sounds more like a theft of opportunity.

I guess my point is, if you want the bike back, find out which detective has been assigned to the case and get his number. And then hound him. Otherwise, the sting of being violated will fade and the it's time to move on and collect the insurance money if that is an option with it being at the fire station.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    from yesterdays CL

Bike found in alley (North End)

Date: 2012-09-09, 8:52AM MDT
    Reply to this post w57rc-3260224542@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I found a bike this morning next to my garbage cans in the alley behind my home 11th and 12th between Resseguie and Pueblo.
    If you have had a bike stolen recently let me know the make and brand and maybe it is yours and you can get it back.
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 3260224542

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim22 View Post
    from yesterdays CL

Bike found in alley (North End)

Date: 2012-09-09, 8:52AM MDT
    Reply to this post w57rc-3260224542@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I found a bike this morning next to my garbage cans in the alley behind my home 11th and 12th between Resseguie and Pueblo.
    If you have had a bike stolen recently let me know the make and brand and maybe it is yours and you can get it back.
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 3260224542
    Thanks for the heads up, I saw that yesterday as well contacted the guy and was called back and told it wasn't mine.
    Ride the bike.

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Dentist View Post
    That station on Gowen by the Simplot fields?
    Nope, new one in Harris Ranch.
    Ride the bike.

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post

Thanks for the link, I will be following up with the cop that took the report tonight when he gets on shift. I have been told to file a claim with my homeowners insurance but I am hesitant, I mean doesn't the city bear some responsibility? Not wanting to start a flame war.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I guess if you can prove the door was faulty. Then the City could say you were too incompetent to shut the door behind you. Could get ugly. If someone left their car unlocked in a parking lot owned by the City and it was ransacked who is at fault?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Sounds to me like a $20.00 lock would have saved a $4000.00 nightmare. .............

mtbr member
    Hey, I happened to catch a story on Ch7 news last night, police caught some guy who had been stealing bikes in Boise, traveling out of town, staying in a motel and selling them on CL. They are trying to get some of the bike to their rightful owners….might be worth looking into. There is probably more info on their website. Good luck...you're in my neighborhood, that freaks me out a little -nothing like happens around here *usually*
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Monkey View Post
    Hey, I happened to catch a story on Ch7 news last night, police caught some guy who had been stealing bikes in Boise, traveling out of town, staying in a motel and selling them on CL. They are trying to get some of the bike to their rightful owners….might be worth looking into. There is probably more info on their website. Good luck...you're in my neighborhood, that freaks me out a little -nothing like happens around here *usually*
    Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately for me he is sitting in the Ada County jail and those bikes were stolen last spring.
    Ride the bike.

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately for me he is sitting in the Ada County jail and those bikes were stolen last spring.
    After having 3 bikes stolen and having them pop up on craigslist in Portland.. I will say my investigator here in boise and the Portland pd were both totally useless.
    Keep an eye out on craigslist and when it pops up, be ready to drive there and call the pd when your on your way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by swan3609 View Post
    After having 3 bikes stolen and having them pop up on craigslist in Portland.. I will say my investigator here in boise and the Portland pd were both totally useless.
    Keep an eye out on craigslist and when it pops up, be ready to drive there and call the pd when your on your way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear about your bikes. Thanks for the advice, I am monitoring CL and will do that drive if I have to.
    Ride the bike.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast