Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Stinky or DirtBag?

Does anybody know the weight diff between a stock Stinky and a Dirtbag?

I am looking at getting a big bike and do have one good offer for a good price on a stinky
    with a better fork. Also wanting to know about the bottom bracket heights, I'm sure
    they are HIGHER on those bikes rather than lower, like on some DH bikes?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Does anybody know the weight diff between a stock Stinky and a Dirtbag?
    I just want to know which one smells worse.

I mean, Jesus H., who is in charge of naming these friggin' bikes? Toiletsnake? What's next? The Kona "Dirty Sanchez? " How about the Kona "Cleveland Steamer?" Or, for simplicity's sake, why don't they name one the Kona "Dirt Star"? Or the Kona "Big Pile of Steaming Monkey Cr@p?"

Discuss the name of 98's next Kona bike. This one is made for the unique talents of Twisted, toiletsnake, or Visicypher.

98, on topic, did you post this on the Kona board? You might get less sarcastic responses.

Hi!!!
    If Kona puts out a CX bike called the "Arkansas Mudslide", I'm snatching that mofo up.

And FWIW....

Their Demo Tour makes a stop in Ketchum on May 27th - 28th. You should see if they will have any of those bikes you are looking at.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hey 98...

I bet you'd have fun riding the Kona Satanic Cornhole. God told me so.

aaarrrggghh!
    To provide you with some useful info........unlike the others..........the frame weights are similar, probably within a 1/2 pound. I'm telling you Daryl, come check out my Dirtbag. Its a better bike than the stinky and much more controllable. Not too mention, you will be backed by one of the best companies in the biz. I hung out with and rode with those dudes all last week and they are top notch people. The Dirtbag is the best handling big bike I have ever owned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    To provide you with some useful info........unlike the others..........the frame weights are similar, probably within a 1/2 pound. I'm telling you Daryl, come check out my Dirtbag. Its a better bike than the stinky and much more controllable. Not too mention, you will be backed by one of the best companies in the biz. I hung out with and rode with those dudes all last week and they are top notch people. The Dirtbag is the best handling big bike I have ever owned.

so when you say you "owned" your dirtbag.... did you hit it in the headtube or the seat tube? just FYI I like the head tube the most.

also I would love to try some dirtbag myself one day, if you feel like passing her around
    Act like I'm hate of the Haitian from Hateville

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Lot's of useLESS infomration floating around here, and childish remarks such as from so called holyrider 777, or is that holyrider 666 more like?

Anyway, will have to talk to you more about it on Sunday. It IS about $800 more than the Stinky with a 66, but I have not compared components. We'll see.......

Glad you're loving yours though!

mtbr member

I think ivan

is reeeaaaaallllly loving it

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Who's the girl on your avatar?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    There is a bike called sanchez. also a G-spot and a shocker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Who's the girl on your avatar?
    ann coulter is such an evil babe. can you dig it?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Remember 98...

Jesus Loves You! And Satan would love to cornhole you. Maybe youv'e allready been cornholded by him (or her). Who will really know but you. Anyway, it seems like The Proverbial Town Dirtbag has been gettin passed around, huh Ivan. You lettin 98 in on some sloppy thirds?

aaarrrggghh!
    It owned me up at Vetter. I got the conveyor belt treatment between the seat and rear tire. Whole package, hurt like hell, actually hit the ground. And like the bumper sticker says holy.rider777, Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your an a$$hole.

aaarrrggghh!
    used or new. I don't really recommend buying used freeride bikes. You never know who had them before you. If its new, that's a hard bargain to pass up. PM the link if its new, I'd like to check out the spec.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

maybe...

Ann Coulter and 98 are doing it... Doesn't that sound dirty. I bet Ann, unlike the Stinky, comes with a zurt port.
    You're just a genetic material transport vessel. Nothing more...nothing less."

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by holy.rider777
    I bet you'd have fun riding the Kona Satanic Cornhole. God told me so.
    Finally! We all knew this guy was a phoney, it was just a matter of time before the horns showed!

OK so who is posing as this unholy rider? Come out of the closet...

Contagious Xian
    It owned me up at Vetter. I got the conveyor belt treatment between the seat and rear tire. Whole package, hurt like hell, actually hit the ground. And like the bumper sticker says holy.rider777, Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your an a$$hole.
    I always loved that bumper sticker, it rings so true amongst the real and fictitious posters on this board.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I always loved that bumper sticker, it rings so true amongst the real and fictitious posters on this board.
    I like the one that says "Jesus was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him."

aaarrrggghh!
    That one is awesome. Or "I'm not born again, I think I came out OK the first time"

TERVOR THE GREAT
    That one is awesome. Or "I'm not born again, I think I came out OK the first time"
    Just saw that for the first time on saturday...

Back to the bikes... There's no competition unless the Dirtbag has an X-Fusion Inverted Shitwagon, or maybe a judy...

Dirtbag Owns Stinky. After I rode a stinky for a few days, I decided that they are overrated piles of Stinky ****. And not just regular ****, but the "flaming burns your ******* on the way out I just ate a SuperSonic Jalepeno Cheesburger" ****.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    Dirtbag Owns Stinky. After I rode a stinky for a few days, I decided that they are overrated piles of Stinky ****. And not just regular ****, but the "flaming burns your ******* on the way out I just ate a SuperSonic Jalepeno Cheesburger" ****.
    Just wondering why you say that?
    I'm thinking both are great bikes; the stinky new goes for $800 less is all......

Hoops - Big and Small
    Stinky and DirtBag are two different breed of bikes, take a look at BB height and HA and SA of the two.

Coiler and DirtBag are a close comparison.

Maybe that's why the Stink is so cheap - not as versatile as the Coiler.

aaarrrggghh!
    I think it comes down to spec. Whick stinky are you talking about?

TERVOR THE GREAT
    used or new. I don't really recommend buying used freeride bikes. You never know who had them before you. If its new, that's a hard bargain to pass up. PM the link if its new, I'd like to check out the spec.
    Yeah, I bought my bike used from Josh Bender
    I just did not like the feel of the Stinky. I most defenitely did not feel as though it would take as much abuse as I know it can. I'm sorry, but after 4 days on a Stinky, and only a Stinky, I just can't bring myself to even think about getting a kona. Maybe the new 06' model is better than the previous few years...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Kona's are not bad bikes

Hi- I'm rather new to the area, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been riding alot around the area, and have yet to find anywhere to ride my Kona Stinky Deelux. But it is a magnificent bicycle, I really enjoy it and don't understand why there are so people that dislike Kona out there.

Neither the Kona Stinky nor the Transition Dirtbag are really to be considered "big bikes". Neither even have 7" travel. The Stinky is closer to 7", with 175mm travel. The Transition Dirtbag only has 170mm, which is 6.69". And the guys at Kona ride ALOT too, and from what I have heard they are very nice.

If I had it to do over again, I would have bought an actual big bike with more travel (if I would've moved to Colorado as planned), or more relevant to this area would be one of the new "trailbikes" with 6" travel and around 32 lbs. Neither the Stinky nor the Transition Dirtbag will be under 40 lbs. Will you actually ride a 40 lb bike? Not if you currently ride a 30 lb bike, but I don't really know any of you guys, so maybe that is not the case.

Both bikes are nice, but like I say I have not seen anything in this area that justifies them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast