Thread: Spring carnage

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Spring carnage

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, singletrack perversion is in the air.

Do you wreck more in the spring?

Seeing EP biff last week and RRB go down repeatedly as her bulb dimmed reminded me that my worst wrecks have been in the spring - when the trails are dusted with a fine coating of grit but underneath the dirt it tight and solid.

Then yesterday I saw some poor cowboy on a 5 Spot nursing a some new raspberry patches and a bruised ego.

So the question is: Do you wreck more in the spring?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Well, this seems to be the time of year when the winter tires start skipping over the gradually hardening trails, but the summer tires don't give enough bite. Both can cause unexpected loss of traction (as what happened to me last week.) That, and I just don't ride as much in the winter, leading to a reduction in handling skill. From what I can remember, my last two blood-inducing or bruise-inducing mtb falls were in the spring.

Rocks Rock

Whaaaaaat

It's not a good ride if you don't draw a little blod or get a new bruise.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    The sun is shining, the birds are singing, singletrack perversion is in the air.

Do you wreck more in the spring?

Seeing EP biff last week and RRB go down repeatedly as her bulb dimmed reminded me that my worst wrecks have been in the spring - when the trails are dusted with a fine coating of grit but underneath the dirt it tight and solid.

Then yesterday I saw some poor cowboy on a 5 Spot nursing a some new raspberry patches and a bruised ego.

So the question is: Do you wreck more in the spring?
    I know that guy covered in blood. I met him at a show in Missoula Montana. He was mauled by a Grizzly before that pic was taken. He sells Bear pepperspray now. I am totally serious.
    Last edited by kntr; 03-02-2006 at 10:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

you crash more...

because your heart rate monitors are too tight from all the bon-bons youv'e been eating while polishing your cantilever brakes so you don't look like a fool at Sucky 13. I just call it like I see it.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by toiletsnake
    because your heart rate monitors are too tight from all the bon-bons youv'e been eating while polishing your cantilever brakes so you don't look like a fool at Sucky 13. I just call it like I see it.
    Explain please.

mtbr member

are you kidding?

I think it's obvious, he thinks you suck (and pose)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    I think it's obvious, he thinks you suck (and pose)
    Well, I used to pose when I was a runway model in France (ah those were the days - eating bree for breakfast, waxing my pubes, and lounging about the cafes in Paris with the beautiful people).

But as for the sucking thing, in case you haven't been keeping tabs on current events, sucking is the preferred technique that follows a blow to clear a frozen Camelbak mouthpiece.

Damn I wish Camelbaks had nipples instead of bite valves. It's just not right.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Swedish Chef

TC - For you, I will glue up a bottle nipple to your Camelback...I wonder if I can get a prosthetic nipple. And do you keep letting me post serious stuff, people will start to wonder and EP will think I am a "normal" person.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Now I get it TC

or should I say wee wee. that explains the cool avatar that youre sporting ....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Hey vycipher...

you should just let TC suckle from your third nipple, instead of going to all that prosthetic nipple trouble.

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    or should I say wee wee. that explains the cool avatar that youre sporting ....
    My dictionary has two definitions of troll - one, a noun, is a "supernatural being" who lives in a cave, and the other is a verb, "to lure." Both may be applicable here.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Damn it!!! That picture did make it onto the internet.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Hey Dingle...

Was that you I saw on the Palamino with the sweet barends? The one with the attachments for your compooter.
    You're just a genetic material transport vessel. Nothing more...nothing less."

mtbr member

You could say that I like to get dowwwwwwwwn

it was hard to find a place for those bar enz

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Horsec*ck

Thats a real goooood loooookin' horsie. Is his back broke?
    You're just a genetic material transport vessel. Nothing more...nothing less."