Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hi!!!

New question here. So why am I going to Spinning class tonight??

Oh that's right...cuz I don't have my damn bike with me. I also forgot my cold weather running clothes.

It's pretty nice outside, and I'm guessing that some of the trails are pretty solid. Sure woulda been nice if I woulda planned for a night ride instead of going to the gym.

I went to a class (at BSU they call them "Cycling" instead of "Spinning") last Wednesday I think. The gal that teaches it was pretty good, I think she said she also teaches at the Downtown Y. She didn't do any of the foo-foo stuff like jumps and extremely high cadence pedaling. She stayed pretty true to what a real, outside ride would be like. Errr except for her ass bouncing all over the place.

I think tonight's class is taught by the old preacher who I think also teaches at the Downtown Y.

Speaking of asses....

I was behind this one girl when all of a sudden she farted. The fan was pointed in our direction so I got the brunt of it.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

roar
    hehe. I usta go to spinning class... I actually really enjoyed it. Then I started riding in the winter (not really voluntarily at first) and that made my gym membership pretty much useless. Now its really really hard to get myself motivated to go sweat inside a little clostrophobic room BUT something is better than nothing.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Hi!!!
    Hey bikemech23 (aka Brad aka SpudHuckster) ---

Hey...uhhh don't mean to sound like a stalker , but was your wife in the 5:30pm glass tonight taught by Lisa at BSU? Sure did look like her (yes I spend alot of time looking through the SpudHucksters.com website......).

Contagious Xian

Sure Nick we believe ya..

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Hey bikemech23 (aka Brad aka SpudHuckster) ---

Hey...uhhh don't mean to sound like a stalker , but was your wife in the 5:30pm glass tonight taught by Lisa at BSU? Sure did look like her (yes I spend alot of time looking through the SpudHucksters.com website......).

.....YOU STALKER! LOL

Seriously though, lemme know when you want to ride for real - I'm going right after work today for a real quick one, starting from CB Park at 4:30.

mtbr member

Spinning?

I used to take Spinning Classes back in 1992 when Troy Jacobson (Baltimore) started his tri-training winter program (it was called Cycle Aerobics back then). It was pretty much a bunch of tri-folks and road/mtnbike racers and the whole session was a race simulation. I did it for a few winter months. It was a great way to get your heart rate up. However, that same winter, I bought lights and I haven't been to an indoor session since. It's too easy and way more fun to ride before or after work in the dark than it is to put the bike on a mag-trainer and make like a hamster.
    So get out there and use those lights!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    .....YOU STALKER! LOL

Seriously though, lemme know when you want to ride for real - I'm going right after work today for a real quick one, starting from CB Park at 4:30.
    Bombin, if you can hold off until 5 PM, I'll join you.

Hey flip or RRB, how about a trail report? I'm guessing one or both of you have been out on the trails already today, and/or yesterday afternoon. What's the status of dork loop? Forecast for today puts the high temp in the mid to upper 30s. Kinda wondering if it will get too sloppy to ride later...
    Last edited by Earthpig; 01-24-2006 at 07:42 AM.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Geoff. Everything is frozen at least until about 9-10. There 2 or 3 soft clay sections on Hulls that can be messy. There is ice and snow on the Freeway near Hulls. It gets softer where 4 comes back into the Freeway. Near Sidewinder the trail gets soft again when the temp comes up and sun thaws it....

Bucks is -ucking mess when the sun hits it and the temp reaches 35°. Hit it early. The road up to Trail 6, or it is 5 will be soft by this afternoon's sun.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

Well

Hey flip or RRB, how about a trail report?
    I was just out there with the dogs. Hulls up to the MotoX and down to the end of Bob's is all good and frozen. However with the sun coming out, expect it to thaw out and get crappy. Having said that, the usual trails that are good when wet will be all good. Im ready to head out on the bike to check things out... A good loop to do tonight-will be to climb up 8th-drop down to Crestline-up 4th-down Sidewinder-back via Kestrel (not Red Sands) or via Mil Reserve (or do this in reverse but going down 8th maybe boring unless you drop into Hulls via the jump trail to the sandy shot up cars trail to Hulls).

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the report, guys. I'm thinking (hoping) dork loop will be the most rideable. I steer clear of the reserve when it's above freezing anyway.

roar
    Even with the sun out, the dork loop should be fine. There are the usual puddles and a couple of soft spots, but it hasn't rained in a while. I ran it this morning (it was frozen then of course) but it really should be nice riding this afternoon.

Hi!!!
    Lucky bastard. I'll be stocking shoes and clothing tonight starting at 6pm. Yay.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Oh that's right...cuz I don't have my damn bike with me. I also forgot my cold weather running clothes.

It's pretty nice outside, and I'm guessing that some of the trails are pretty solid. Sure woulda been nice if I woulda planned for a night ride instead of going to the gym.

I went to a class (at BSU they call them "Cycling" instead of "Spinning") last Wednesday I think. The gal that teaches it was pretty good, I think she said she also teaches at the Downtown Y. She didn't do any of the foo-foo stuff like jumps and extremely high cadence pedaling. She stayed pretty true to what a real, outside ride would be like. Errr except for her ass bouncing all over the place.

I think tonight's class is taught by the old preacher who I think also teaches at the Downtown Y.

Speaking of asses....

I was behind this one girl when all of a sudden she farted. The fan was pointed in our direction so I got the brunt of it.
    Boy, I really, really hate spinning classes. I did it one winter thinking I could hit the spring trails really strong, and my first good ride out I was amazed at how hard a couple miles up trails are compared to an hour spinning. Now I ride road, commute some days, trails when it's dry enough, go to the club and lift and do other things, you name it, anything but spin like a hamster in a dark dungeon to lousy music...

Have fun,

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Contagious Xian

Kestrel

Mud city at the top, walking is the best idea I've heard
    Saw Nels and EP in the parking lot. Rock on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Loose The Skirt

Spinning makes you look very, very silly. Like a shaved hamster in lycra.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Mud city....
    Mud is right. All trails on the dork loop were the soupiest I've seen them in a long while. Stretches of moist trail, punctuated by numerous muck spots. Very few "dry" spots of trail. Even Windy at the Stinker on 13th (she's my post-ride malt liquor dealer) noticed the mud splotches on my vest after the ride. When you get Windy's attention, you know you've been playing in the mud. We either need a hard freeze or a stretch of warm, dry weather.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by toiletsnake
    Spinning makes you look very, very silly. Like a shaved hamster in lycra.
    That's a fine user name and a piercing first post. You'll fit in well here, especially if you like posts about spackle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Thanks

Thanks for the compliment. I deliberated for minutes on the content of my text, then I grammatically assembled the prose for clarity and effect.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by toiletsnake
    Thanks for the compliment. I deliberated for minutes on the content of my text, then I grammatically assembled the prose for clarity and effect.
    You have enperience with shaved hamsters? Unfortunately a hamster is baggies is, well, just wrong. Clashes with its team jersey.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Did I hear "spackle"?

Hmmm...Toiletsnake....I like it. Brilliant!!! (No..I haven't been drinking...yet.) Please post appropriately. One serious post should only occur after 20 posts referring to spackle, frotteurism, felching, bacterial odor, "the high water mark", soccer coaches in Meridian, hip waders, velcro, and wool.

And remember...squirrels are just looking for a place to store their nuts for the winter.

roar
    Hey. I was wondering how you guys' ride went... sorry I said it would be great. It looked like it would be. Hmmm. I guess the trails at 6 am arent a good indicator of how they will be in the afternoon. As far as this morning... they are frozen super solid again. 21 degrees this morning. Looks like hitting the trails before the sun comes up is the best idea. Its sposta precipitate this weekend, so get yer rides in today and tomorrow!

Were you serious the other day at sushi w/ G & D about doin' long rides? I'll being the Emmett/Horseshoe Bend loop (road) this winter and spring, and 6-7hr MTB rides this spring and summer.

Geoff - wanna do some long rides? I need to get read for a race.

roar
    Yah. Totally. Last summer on the weekends I would just get on my bike about 9am and not quit until 3 or 4. (granted, I was goin pretty slow) I was/am a long ride junkie. I just don't really like to stop. Eventually my legs/lungs/various other parts make me stop, and Im sorry to put my bike away. If you ever want a slow girl taggin along, I would be sooo happy to do a long ride with ya.

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Were you serious the other day at sushi w/ G & D about doin' long rides? I'll being the Emmett/Horseshoe Bend loop (road) this winter and spring, and 6-7hr MTB rides this spring and summer.

Wow that is some big rides! What race or races are you training for?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher

Sign me up too. I'm doing the base miles thing on my CX bike and will be ramping up. That is if skiing isn't too much of a distraction.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Don't let her fool you...

If you ever want a slow girl taggin along
    Slow-she definitely ain't... And now that she's SS'ing- she'll only get faster...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast