Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004

So, Victorites, I finally got a F.S. ticket...

For building Nemo's.
    But the, 5 minutes later, I was more or less invited to design (and possibly build) my dream trail network in the Mike Harris area...mixed message, or what?

Anyhoo, it's a $275 ticket, if you ride Nemo's or just enjoy the notion of designing an extensive trail network right in Victor, I sure could use a little help paying the ticket!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Owned by a tool.

Tsk tsk.

Will you get $275 worth of riding out of the trail?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Absolutely.

And then we eat them."

mtnjam
    W, are you going to be around the weekend of the 12th and 13th (September that is)?
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Should be.

And then we eat them."

mtnjam
    PM me your number in case we make it over there on our return trip from WI
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Wow - There is so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin.

If you need help building a sanctioned trail, I am in.

If you need money to pay for fines resulting from your illegal trail network, however, I am hoping your post will pulled before you get the financial aid you seek.

Sorry, but rogue trails and their builders do a lot of harm to our shared cause.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmtbkr
    Wow - There is so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin.

If you need help building a sanctioned trail, I am in.

If you need money to pay for fines resulting from your illegal trail network, however, I am hoping your post will pulled before you get the financial aid you seek.

Sorry, but rogue trails and their builders do a lot of harm to our shared cause.
    There is much more than meets the eye to this situation. We have built miles and miles of Rogue trails, 90% of which were adopted by the FS and are now legal, so that is he cultural precedent of the last ten years. The citation is an agreement between me and the Ranger, in order that we can now form a coalition in Victor to pressure his higher ups to consider a 10-15 mile network in eaxctly the area I have been building. It's far more complex, and likely beneficial, than meets the eye at first. I likely will come out of this legally designing a large new trail system FOR the FS.
    Last edited by rideit; 08-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Right on, as long as there is an agreement of sorts with the respective land manager(s).

I have had several experiences over the years where Mountain Bikes were excluded/forced out of my local trail systems. When we inquired as to why, we were informed that rogue trails (that barely any of the locals knew of let alone rode) were the cause for a total ban on bikes.

Admittedly, these systems were back East and shared public and private lands as well as public and private easements.

Still, it really bugged me that we were tossed for trails we were ignorant of...

Rocks Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmtbkr
    Right on, as long as there is an agreement of sorts with the respective land manager(s).

I have had several experiences over the years where Mountain Bikes were excluded/forced out of my local trail systems. When we inquired as to why, we were informed that rogue trails (that barely any of the locals knew of let alone rode) were the cause for a total ban on bikes.

Admittedly, these systems were back East and shared public and private lands as well as public and private easements.

Still, it really bugged me that we were tossed for trails we were ignorant of...
    I am really glad you backed off on my bro W. I was fixin to go Twisted Crank all over you. It would have been ugly for both of us I'm sure. So it worked out well. I didn't go off on you and now I don't have to make a public apology
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Rocks Rock
    W. I'll be passing thru either mid Sep. or early Oct. I'll call the number I last talked to you on, a few years ago. I'll do some trail work as always. But we gatta get at least one ride in this time.
    I miss ya man.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Hey Impy, how did you make out on the WC house?
    Or shouldn't I ask?

BTW, the trail you helped me on a few years ago is now totally legit, and RAWKS.

And then we eat them."