Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Shock the Monkey...errr...Trail Report

Sitings of numerous lycra-clad bipeds on mechanized travel...supposedly dangerous, definitely not overtly social, traveling in packs, and put off by individuals on expensive-ride, big bikes while being towed by two dogs. Appears as if the gate was left open, and these creatures escaped (you can decide which ones escaped).

Reports have been made that they enjoy candle-lit dinners, a glass of chablis from a box, and alone time. Rumor is that they don't like spackle, frotteurism, and phrases that include "were touching now".

Other than that...the trails are good, the weather there, and my neighbor's cat keeps spackling my flower bed. (Doesn't she know we eat those things in the old country!!!)

Why does that old lady keeping running on the left side of the Greenbelt in the AM? Doesn't she know I haven't had coffee yet?

And people wonder what happens to the brain when training for enduros......
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

roar
    A.

Best trail report ever. When are you riding this weekend?
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

Hi!!!
    Yay...I get to blow off steam by riding my road bike tonight!!!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Why are pirates so dangerous?

They just are.

Get it?

HeheHEEhEHEHEEeHEeheeHEAahwwwhahwhhheh.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

roar
    No spinning class tonight eh? Nice. Its beautiful out. Have a great time!

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    No spinning class tonight eh? Nice. Its beautiful out. Have a great time!
    Oh hell no! By the time I hop on my bike it will be low 40s/high 30s and SUNNY. No way in hell I'm going to Spinning again unless it is pouring buckets. It seems as if I've been stuck in my office 24/7 in recent weeks so I don't want to be cooped up in a room with 20 other people tonight. I just need to escape the confines of the desk. Only going out for an hour though. Hopefully that will be enough to "wash away" the stress of the past 1.5 weeks .

Is flipnidaho back in our homeland?

roar
    Is flipnidaho back in our homeland?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Hes gone for like 3 more weeks.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Oh hell no! By the time I hop on my bike it will be low 40s/high 30s and SUNNY. No way in hell I'm going to Spinning again unless it is pouring buckets. It seems as if I've been stuck in my office 24/7 in recent weeks so I don't want to be cooped up in a room with 20 other people tonight. I just need to escape the confines of the desk. Only going out for an hour though. Hopefully that will be enough to "wash away" the stress of the past 1.5 weeks .

Well, I gotta remember to call you when I'm heading out. Like winning the lottery, finding a time you can ride, but hey, you might be free some evening. I hooked up with Craig, his former work buddy, Michael, and we did a quick Barney Loop. As we were coming in around 550, we musta seen 20 bikes heading out and at least that many walkers & joggers, and twice that number of dogs. Happy hour on the mtn.

good stuff, maynard.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Contagious Xian

Good job! Serpentine Green Apple sighting

Good times with Michael and the Pink & Yellow Dingo aka CBro.

I saw the notorious Green Slingshot out there too.....how you doing Bret?

This board has been dead too long - we need an EP report and fast.

Awkward silence on the board....equivalent to farting in a room....silence begins....

RNRB - Hmmm. Is that a trick question? Anyway, I'll be riding Friday around 6. Saturday should start around 11am on the road. Bring food for the road as we, I assume you are joining, will be out for a spell. After the road ride, we'll finish out on dirt for an hour plus.... Rinse, eat, sleep, spackle then repeat on Sunday. Ask B if she wants to join. I know she want to put the time in, as do I.

Hoops - Big and Small

Hard Suffering The Climbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Good times with Michael and the Pink & Yellow Dingo aka CBro.
    I saw the notorious Green Slingshot out there too.....how you doing Bret?
    The Big Single saw some trail time last night - good to see you full boingers out riding your sliders. The trails were crowded with runners. Nice to see all the people out on the trails. Lets just all get along!

The trails seem to be holding the moisture pretty good. I rode sunday and the trails were in better shape than last night. Had to get off and move around the wetter spots last night.

The area near Chick Ridge has a new Fox in the hood - Saw him/her up close, good looking little fury creature. I wonder if this new fox that has taken over the now vacated territory by the fox that sadly fell victim to the leghold trap?

Last night, spots on the trail were as soft as the thawing dog p00h in the yard. I gave the mud/wet sand spots a new nickname....Vampires of Power, as they sucked what lil' juice I had out of me.

Were any of you the riders I saw on Hulls last night? I saw 3-4 riders descending Hulls as my friend and I went up. Ya can't miss me...if you saw me you know what I mean. I did meet Garnetspur (aka Carey) and his puppies the other night. Cool Vizslas. I did see another Vizsla last night. Mine seemed to relish in the idea of another Vizsla on the trail.

Hoops - Big and Small

Chilly Descent

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    I gave the mud/wet sand spots a new nickname....Vampires of Power, as they sucked what lil' juice I had out of me.
    Were any of you the riders I saw on Hulls last night? I saw 3-4 riders descending Hulls as my friend and I went up.
    I skipped The Gulch for a quick descent down Freeway - my toes were feeling a bit chilled. I split with the group at the Top O Side Winder, they headed down Hulls. Four guys on blinging boingers, with bright lights to match.

Contagious Xian

Boy Howdy

Last night, spots on the trail were as soft as the thawing dog p00h in the yard. I gave the mud/wet sand spots a new nickname....Vampires of Power, as they sucked what lil' juice I had out of me.

Were any of you the riders I saw on Hulls last night? I saw 3-4 riders descending Hulls as my friend and I went up. Ya can't miss me...if you saw me you know what I mean. I did meet Garnetspur (aka Carey) and his puppies the other night. Cool Vizslas. I did see another Vizsla last night. Mine seemed to relish in the idea of another Vizsla on the trail.
    I too felt like I was caught in the Death Star tractor beam on the soft dirt - what a workout. Not to mention, I was running my heaviest tires (Tioga 2.3 wire bead knobbies from hell) for kicks. I don't think we passed each other - unless you heard my mini-cow bell coming down Hulls..?

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    The Big Single saw some trail time last night - good to see you full boingers out riding your sliders. The trails were crowded with runners. Nice to see all the people out on the trails. Lets just all get along!

The trails seem to be holding the moisture pretty good. I rode sunday and the trails were in better shape than last night. Had to get off and move around the wetter spots last night.
    I found the same thing. Sunday was a lot dryer and firmer, even without 3 days of sunshine. Last night was pretty iffy. Near the top of Kestrel, we dismounted and carried through the weeds.

Hope you had a good time anyway. Saw a couple other 1-trick ponies out last night.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

roar
    Cool. Sat sounds fun. Good idea to road ride and dirt ride. Less boring that way. I will email B now and see if she wants to go on any of them. As for Fri... Im gonna leave work early (4ish) so I can actually do something in the daylight for a change.
    sj

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    This board has been dead too long - we need an EP report and fast.
    No report here. Just got back to town yesterday at 3:15 and was on the road bike by 4:15 for a quick out and back to the dam. For the first ride in 2 weeks, I felt unusually strong - maybe I should take extended riding breaks more often!

Hoping to hit dork loop tomorrow - 3:30 PM at Camelsback if anyone wants to join.

I have pix from my (rental) mountain bike ride on Aruba last week, but I keep thinking that it would be "smilycookish" of me to post them here.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    I have pix from my (rental) mountain bike ride on Aruba last week, but I keep thinking that it would be "smilycookish" of me to post them here.
    Only if you make a comment along the lines of you being the only person with knowledge of the Aruba trails or with the motivation to ride them. Besides, I think he's taken up skate skiing.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member

Yeppers

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie

Nope. Hes gone for like 3 more weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'm out getting my 'Mericunized' butt schooled by the locals around my hometown trails...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contagious Xian

Americanized

I'm out getting my 'Mericunized' butt schooled by the locals around my hometown trails...

Looks like a fun place to ride, probably pretty warm and humid?

I'm sure you're showing them a little "American MTB love" as well Gary.....with as much riding as you do one would probably have to be either loaded not needing a job or on welfare without a job to get more miles in and "school" you

Send more pics!
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 02-10-2006 at 06:03 AM.

Spackle-Free

Ride this AM was cold and crisp. Air quality wasn't bad though. Will definitely need toe-warmers for the moonlight ride tonite.

Contagious Xian

Inspiration!

Ride this AM was cold and crisp. Air quality wasn't bad though. Will definitely need toe-warmers for the moonlight ride tonite.
    I gotta say - you get out riding A LOT! Man I wish I had that much time to ride, butwith a very young family and funky work schedule it limits my dirt riding to maybe 1 - 3 times a week max.

Good for you though, keep on truckin'~

roar
    From the hills this morning, the City looked more inverision-y. There was like this haze dimming the city lights. Yuk! Im hoping for a little breeze to break it up. My lungs dont like the junk. A- you still going at 6 tonight? Can you get out any earlier?

BTW- B is gonna join us tomorrow.

I'll be home around 4:45, and hopefully heading back out the door at 5:20ish. I have to let the 5month old out. If you want to meet me on the trail somewhere, give me a ring. As a heads up, you'll actually get to see the eye patch I have to wear to ride. (Didn't know if G told you about it.) Hope it doesn't freak you out, but it is the only way I can ride without doublevision.

It freaks out most people...at least that is how I perceive it...don't stare too much at it...you might crash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast