mtbr member
    May 2004

Shane's Loop/Mil Reserve Tonight

Really nice conditions out there tonight, a bit of hail a bit of sun and sticky trails, and I saw only a few other riders out there. Would have thrown in 3 bears but had stuff to do.

If we don't get a lot of rain, next couple days conditions are good, go ride!

Pic is from diff trail diff ride but I really like this xc bike so postin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

King of the Barneys
    Cool Daryl, I wondered if other brave souls were out
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

the new Gilbert Grape
    You're braver than me to be out in this weather!
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Well still in between seasons. With a few layers once you start pedaling it is fine. Hands were a bit cold at first, had other gloves in Camelback, never used them. Looked like more people were getting ready to ride around 5:30ish, when I finished.

mtnjam
    nice D

this time of year and spring are my favorite times to ride, just wish i could have gotten some more days in. Now i'm sidelined to e-biking for a while due to scapular injury.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    May 2004

sorry to hear that man

Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    nice D

this time of year and spring are my favorite times to ride, just wish i could have gotten some more days in. Now i'm sidelined to e-biking for a while due to scapular injury.
    how happen, ru going to get physical therapy? wish you speedy recovery.
    I hurt my shoulder in Feb and had pt, and still the range of motion is not there. oh well

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hit the Reserve and Shane's after work today. Saw 2 other riders and several runners. Very windy.
    Idaho

mtnjam

Daryl...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    how happen, ru going to get physical therapy? wish you speedy recovery.
    I hurt my shoulder in Feb and had pt, and still the range of motion is not there. oh well

Bummer, yeah i know it could have been a lot worse, but it also could have been better.
    Crashed on Saturday afternoon while going down a shortcut, i've ridden this shortcut before (on the Boise Ridge Road before getting to "bumpies") and didn't have problems, just now it has a big rut in it. Got into the rut, couldn't get out of it, went over and checked my right shoulder into a smaller pine tree. Gathered myself after the wreck and noticed i could still hold the handlebars, but my scapular area hurt. Continued riding down dry creek to BB road and back to lower corrals parking lot. Rode from the top of the hill down to a restaurant where i could call my wife. She picked me up, went to the er and diagnosed me with a scapular body fracture.
    I'm in a sling now and taking Vit I and when i can (not at work) Norco and Flexaril. I have a follow up appt with an ortho next Monday to see what treatment options there are. From what i've seen and read a scapular body fracture usually doesn't require surgical repair. They mostly heal on their own with immobilization. I plan on getting some calcium mag citrate and some vit d to help in the healing process and when the md gives me the go ahead plenty of physical therapy.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Who was King Stud on Passion Mountain?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Who was King Stud on Passion Mountain?
    mtbkrdr98.