mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Is September still good in Bozeman?

Weather wise I am curious about September in Bozeman? I would be thinking 2nd or 3rd week of September. How is the weather and fishing?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Usually Sept is nice and less tourists -- only fools (and weatherman) try to predict the weather though...

I can't speak to fishing, but we're above average on our rivers after a wet summer so that should bode well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rider
    Usually Sept is nice and less tourists -- only fools (and weatherman) try to predict the weather though...

I can't speak to fishing, but we're above average on our rivers after a wet summer so that should bode well.
    less tourists is good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Good time to come. Be ready for any weather. Then go for it when the sun shines!
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Damn. I just checked the flights and they're too expensive. I guess I waited too long.
    I'm definitely heading out there next year. What's the best month to go before the tourists invade???? bike, fishing, etc...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    September is better than May, because the trails are usually still open in most of the high country. However, mid summer is just fine. Once you are 5 miles or more into the backcountry, you are for practical purposes quite alone.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

rep
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    It does snow in September pretty often, so be prepared for that in your planning (heck, it snows sometimes on the 4th of July).

jones'in
    Welp.....halfway through september and the riding is superb!!! Rode Grassy the other night with terf! and it was wet at the bottom, dusty and the top and oh-so-sweet on the way down. The main problem at this point is the light. It's getting hard to get in a solid ride after work without riding in the dark.
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5