Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sawtooth Mtns: Lowman

850 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ianjt 
#1 ·
Whoa........what a beautiful system of trails in the Sawtooth mtns. Don't overlook Idaho when seeking out some new playground with mile upon mile of ST that ribbons thru the forests. I spent 6 days with Escape Adventures (YES, this is a plug for them, they were excellent) in the Idaho "hills". The 5th day in we rode in the Lowman area, a trail referred to as Deadwood River-Julie Creek Trail...... warmly shortened and regarded as "dead julie".

Lemme ta you, this is no wussie XC run! 12 miles of climb to an elevation gain to 3500ft, then 7 miles DOWN the same gain! Hot doggie, glad I have a 140mm fork on my rig. This photo was taken at a point in the DeadJulie downhill where it was described to me as "the trail will just drop out from under you".......... NO SHEET. I put the camera away and shreaded that winding corkscrewy twisty downhill like I knew what I was doing. Got to the bottom and was.........breathless. Add Idaho to your shortlist!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.