hikebike-bagpeak

New question here. Riding Medicine Bow NF Trails

What is the best access point to get to the CDT/Wyoming Trail in Medicine Bow NF from traveling south of the WY border? Should I try FR#496 to the Whiskey Creek Trail or to FR#499 (Ellis Jeep Rd)?

Yesterday I took FSR550 from Battle Pass down to the CDT south of Hog Park Reservoir, and the trail appeared faint and blocked every 10-30 feet by a fallen tree, so I continued to Hahns Peak Village, my scheduled destination for layover that day. I ended up doing an out-n-back while I decided not to camp overnite. The FSR was a little boring, but nice scenery once I was out of the woods. Could've taken Whiskey Creek Trail and looped back, but I didn't think I 'd have the energy to ride all the way back to 70 after already putting in 51 miles.

Suggestions anyone?
    Last edited by fattirefreak; 07-11-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
    www.radtrek.com/blog.html

mtbr member
    Last year the CDT near Hog Park had a lot of deadfall and the trail was faint as you noticed. Most of the trails in Sierra Madres ( the western part of the Medicine Bow NF) are seldom ridden and can be faint.

The MedBow trails website: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/trails/

and there are a few trails listed in here: New Guidebook: Mountain Biking Southeastern Wyoming

Horney 4 FR'ers
    Jun 2009

narrow minded

You could probably go further if your mind wasn't so narrow, yall. Lance is a hardcore balls out genius! Let me repeat that again so yall don't miss it. Lance is a hardcore balls out genius! Tomac is hardcore Genius!!!! Dave Mira is hardcore Genius!!!!! Mike Tyson is a moron!!!

WTF is wrong with yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yall need to get off the darn computer and turn off you tv's and start getting along with each other!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry ladies.

hikebike-bagpeak
    Quote Originally Posted by dauwalt
    Last year the CDT near Hog Park had a lot of deadfall and the trail was faint as you noticed. Most of the trails in Sierra Madres ( the western part of the Medicine Bow NF) are seldom ridden and can be faint.

The MedBow trails website: http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/recreation/trails/

and there are a few trails listed in here: New Guidebook: Mountain Biking Southeastern Wyoming
    Cool, thx. I'll check them out.
    Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.
    www.radtrek.com/blog.html