mtbr member
    May 2004

Ride today anyone?

Okay, I'm getting good results and enjoy lifting weights but this spring weather is causing me to flake on the gym! but hey, the weather has been so crappy for so long (relative I guess), and I've/We've waited so long, and riding is so fun.........

I am going to be at the connector trail near the crosswalk on 15th, just up from Hill Road and Behind Camels Back apartment community/complex, at 4.
    Take the connector up, then go down, then up then down to the 8th st parking lot.
    up Fwy (or Red sands climbs), then down connector out bucks to Shane, down to Rocky Canyon. Take RC to the pavement and ridee pavement to Warm Springs and start climbing again at Castle Rock to Table rock singletrack and turn off at the Rock Garden singletrack then to Rock Island.

Will try to ride as much of Rock Island as I can and practice sections - this time clippped in, no pads....... then a road or dirt ride back to highlands............

Anybody???

King of the Barneys

Good job!

Well, the Parkermatic and I are trying to put a ride together a little later, tonight, since he doesn't get off til 5pm. I'll ask Craig to get hold of you via cell to see if it might be feasible.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Well, the Parkermatic and I are trying to put a ride together a little later, tonight, since he doesn't get off til 5pm. I'll ask Craig to get hold of you via cell to see if it might be feasible.
    A las seis (6pm) not 5...freakin darnit!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    What, or who, is a Parkermatic?

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Take RC to the pavement and ridee pavement to Warm Springs and start climbing again at Castle Rock to Table rock singletrack and turn off at the Rock Garden singletrack then to Rock Island.
    Are we all sure tablerock is dry enough to ride? As a TR/Castlerock "local," It's been my past experience that even in dry winters, Tablerock usually stays very muddy until April or so.

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    What, or who, is a Parkermatic?
    Sounds kinda like a cheesy can-opener or something, doesn't it?!

I think he's referring to one of the dummy posters on this board....er..me.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Did you know that was me in the parking lot at CB? How come you didn't want to join? I know I didn't bath...but....

Anyway, it was a good ride sans trail spackle. There were a few puddles here and there on Corrals
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Did you know that was me in the parking lot at CB? How come you didn't want to join? I know I didn't bath...but....

Anyway, it was a good ride sans trail spackle. There were a few puddles here and there on Corrals
    Well, dang! We didn't bring lights, and had only an hour, and didn't know it was one of the homeys we was talkin to! Was kinda warm and fuzzy there for a while to be surrounded by 4 or 5 kindred singlespeeds! Probably the largest conflagration of luddites I've seen in a while. Toby's 29'er was a blingtastic rig. I was the guy with Craig on the Bridgestone SS, aka The Gray Lady. With the studly jersey...

We had a fun ride, did an extended Barney Loop, and got back just in time for dark.

Was great to back on the ole gal. She was gettin mean, angry and jealous what with me spendin so much time riding the Father Titus, she thought I'd gone all brokeback on her.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

There must have been 8-10 of us. I think only 3 or 4 had lights, but they were HID so we spaced ourselves out for coverage. It was a good time, even with my flat at the bottom of Scotts.

Hi!!!

Good job!

I went running at Military Reserve tonight. Does that count? What a great evening to be out eh? Man I'm loving it!!!!

I saw Brad riding down Mtn. Cove Road on his Transition. Man that's a nice looking bike.

Contagious Xian

Don't be shy

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher

Did we meet/shake hands? I only met Toby and the other guy with the English accent I think.....darn you shoulda introduced yourself. CBro was definitely all brokeback sentimental with the SS-fest going on, made me kinda edgy.

Nice spin but I was pretty tired from already having ridden in the morning. Not sure how flip does it...eesh.

Hi!!!
    I'm Dork'n tomorrow betwixt 530-630pm. Gotta keep it short, gonna get my schwerve on in Hyde Park afterwards . Holler if you see me huffing and puffing along on the Yeti!!! Or meet me at Goody's for some ice cream afterwards.

Mtn. bike forum....not running forum...MTN. BIKE...so no soup for you...

I'll translate that for the humor impaired....that was sarcasm...i use it a lot...that and spackle.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Did we meet/shake hands? I only met Toby and the other guy with the English accent I think.....darn you shoulda introduced yourself. CBro was definitely all brokeback sentimental with the SS-fest going on, made me kinda edgy.

Nice spin but I was pretty tired from already having ridden in the morning. Not sure how flip does it...eesh.

I think you just met Toby and George, then a grinning dood came around all friendly like admiring the gray lady and invited us to ride with him. Musta been the good bro Visicypher, I might guess.

We'd already farted around the park for half an hour, chattin up anybody'd who say howdy, so I'm glad we booked it out of there when we did. And you were pretty beat for having ridden hard once already that day, good thing we didn't join the cattle drive of singlespeeds and their chaperones.

CB

The more you ride...the more the fatigue seems normal.

And yes, that was me. It was probably a good idea you didn't join if you were tired. The tempo picked up a lot on Bogus. I almost spackled myself on that ride.