Thread: Ride today

mtbr member
    May 2004

Ride today

Get off a bit early today to make it up.
    Going to be taking off from the 15th St connector about 3:15 anybody want to join.
    Hopefully this sun did some good.

Probably go up down to 8th St Lot, up Fwy, down connector, Up Bucks
    down Shanes to Rocky Canyon.
    Try going up 7/Orchard Gulch see how far I get.
    if good will go down that, either way then climb pavement to back of TR, ride
    down singletrack to end below Castle rock, then around and back up connector and down Hulls.......

Ride Rock Island again when I get a chainring guard!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Can't ride that early today (or any day of the work week for that matter except Fridays), but post a trail condition report when you get back. I'm hoping to get out for a night ride tonight, but not if it's too wet still.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Will do

mtbr member
    May 2004

Trail Conditions Report - Wind N' Sun

Well the wind and sun did the trails some good. The very muddy section is that'
    dumb little hillside by Hulls lower parking lot where it goes down then up the other side -
    by the time I was on it it was too late. Other than that, just a few short mud spots here and there.....

Shortish 2 hour ride. I didn't do Orchard or Table Rock becuase I thought they would probably be muddy today but did get on Rocky Canyon for a bit.

Lot's of runners and joggers out on Rocky Canyon and in the lower foothills trails today,
    a nice evening but windy!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Well the wind and sun did the trails some good. The very muddy section is that'
    dumb little hillside by Hulls lower parking lot where it goes down then up the other side -
    by the time I was on it it was too late. Other than that, just a few short mud spots here and there.....

Shortish 2 hour ride. I didn't do Orchard or Table Rock becuase I thought they would probably be muddy today but did get on Rocky Canyon for a bit.

Lot's of runners and joggers out on Rocky Canyon and in the lower foothills trails today,
    a nice evening but windy!
    D - thanks for the report. That little hill is called Chickadee ridge. (I find it to be a fun little warm up, but it does stay muddy on top when many other trails are dry.) I'm planning on riding Thursday after work with cinnoman monkey if you're interested.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey EP,
    no not Chickadee; i'm just talkng about that very short little thing right at the parking lot,
    where you dip down and come back up over the little log. All that was pure mud!
    Chickadee was/is good, not muddy.

Yeah would like to ride with you guys on Thurs, just PM, let me know, thanks