mtbr member

Redfish SWIMBA Ride

Thanks to all that helped with and joined the SWIMBA Redfish Ride this past weekend (in particular Hodgee, Irishbuddha, TFloyd and Rocknrollbarbie who helped organize and lead the ride and post ride festivities). We had great weather and only minor carnage... Enjoy the pictures...

Heading out... We had about 15 riders show up...

We did the loop clockwise...

Which is not the easiest climb in the world...

You do reach the top eventually and then it's all FUN! At least until the next climb...

Last edited by flipnidaho; 09-14-2009 at 09:16 AM.

mtbr member
    The first descent is super fast with just some technical bits to keep you honest... We had some bloody limbs, a bent derailleur hanger and I had to McGyver a rim strip out of gauze and a bandaid when SJ flatted but other than that, we all got down in 1 piece...

mtbr member
    One last long, hard and outrageously gorgeous climb out and a downhill full of baby heads back to the beach, beers, brats and wraps!

My boss...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Awesome pics, Gary!

Looks like you guys had a super fun day!

mtbr member
    total fun Cris... You have to head out here one day...

trust me...might take a bit, but it's still on the list... one of these days

mtbr member
    In the mean time, RRB and I will be in your part of the world in about a week... I'll PM you details...

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    In the mean time, RRB and I will be in your part of the world in about a week... I'll PM you details...

Cool....expecting PM

Who is John Galt?
    Thanks for the post, love those trails you ride. I was just wondering if you had been riding any lately, not getting much done here lately.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Yo BJM... I've been off of work since June so I've been riding quite a bit! I just haven't been around much on the Yeti forum since we sold the 575's... How does it go in your part of the world...

Who is John Galt?
    This summer was a bust around here. Tons of rain, so I rode road most of the time. Did hit some KC trails which was a change for me. Hope you get back to work, you need to figure out a way to get paid to ride!
    What, me hurry?

Flyin Canine
    great pics and cool trails. it surprises me to see so many girls out riding outside of california. California girls are spoiled couch potatoes (no pun intended) for the most part. Around here it's rare to see more than one girl riding every 3 or so rides.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    great pics and cool trails. it surprises me to see so many girls out riding outside of california. California girls are spoiled couch potatoes (no pun intended) for the most part. Around here it's rare to see more than one girl riding every 3 or so rides.
    Fact: flipinidaho is a pimp
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Great trip

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Fact: flipinidaho is a pimp
    He's pimped my ride. He went all ghetto on the big wheels and now they spew green!

Two thumps up to Gary and SJ for pulling this one togahter. Everyone had a great time and some pushed the boundries of their riding limits and grew in the process.

Have to give Knolly bikes a plug. On the nastiest drop I went to warn the wife and noticed she was gaining on me with no sound of skidding and bouncing around. Kept expecting her to scream a meeker "mountain biker coming through" get out of the way. Idaho girls on longer travel bikes rock.

My only regret was having to go home.