Thread: Red lodge

mtbr member

Red lodge

Coming from Colorado front range. Going to be in the the Red Lodge area over Labor day weekend any info on rides in the the area would be appreciated.

rth009
    May 2010
    Line Creek Plateau - huge ride if you ride from town up the pass and down corral creek. If you can get a shuttle to the top (near the MT/WY state line on the E side of the road), its still a big ride with difficult route findings but there's nothing like riding up and over across an alpine plateau and then a nice 3500' descent at the end

Beartooth Recreation Loop - even though its technically not that far from the road, it has a huge wilderness feel to it. Bring your bearspray. Really fun ride, although you have to walk a few spots because it was created long before mountain biking.

Then there are the Silver Run ski trails a little ways up the West Fork Rock Creek Road. These can be combined with the Ingles Creek trail up and back as well as the Basin Lakes Trail up and back for a big day.

There is also the new trail, the Face of the Mountain, which is to the east of HWY 212, south of Red Lodge. It starts off the Meteetse trail. I dont know much about it.

there are also several other Red Lodge threads. E.g.,

Singletrack near Red Lodge?

mtbr member
    Hey thanks I did read those others as well. Just trying to gather as much info as I can. I see and have been told there are a lot of bears in the area this year. Ya there is not much info on Face of the Mountain trail it does sound cool from what I have seen. I have looked at the Palisades (spires) from my parents deck the last 15 years and my grandparents deck all my life and always wanted to get close to them.