mtbr member

Question: Dry Creek Trail route question

Okay so when you are climbing up Dry Creek tr. and just as you climb up, out of the creek (the 2nd creek crossing I believe) you make a right turn and soon head into a brushy section, BUT there is a trail that continues straight ahead, after the creek crossing. Where does this lead? And along the trail up, where does Shingle Creek tr. intersect, or does it intersect? Just trying to make sense of what my map does not show.

Contagious Xian
    Good riding with ya out there today. Talk about the swarming grasshoppers and mormon crickets - yikes! I got to see the squished mormon crickets from our climb being devoured by their buddies on my descent. And then you probably saw their buddies eating both of those dead guys. That's a marvelous "Reuse, Reduce, Recycle" system of nature.

Do it again soon...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Monkey
    Okay so when you are climbing up Dry Creek tr. and just as you climb up, out of the creek (the 2nd creek crossing I believe) you make a right turn and soon head into a brushy section, BUT there is a trail that continues straight ahead, after the creek crossing. Where does this lead? And along the trail up, where does Shingle Creek tr. intersect, or does it intersect? Just trying to make sense of what my map does not show.

So after the second creek crossing going up, you turned right? You went up Shingle creek at that point. Going straight woudl have kept you on Dry Creek. Dry is an easier climb and they will eventually meet at the ridge road at the same spot.
    How far up did you make it?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Good riding with ya out there today. Talk about the swarming grasshoppers and mormon crickets - yikes! I got to see the squished mormon crickets from our climb being devoured by their buddies on my descent. And then you probably saw their buddies eating both of those dead guys. That's a marvelous "Reuse, Reduce, Recycle" system of nature.

Do it again soon...
    What did I say about tears being shed over the Mormons? You guys might as well take up knitting. Riding trails that sound like bubble pack is where it's at.

Just so y'alls will know, the same people that own the property Sweet Sweet Connie is on own the property that Dry Creek in on. Consider yourself edified.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    So after the second creek crossing going up, you turned right? You went up Shingle creek at that point. Going straight woudl have kept you on Dry Creek. Dry is an easier climb and they will eventually meet at the ridge road at the same spot.
    How far up did you make it?
    Okay, that confirms what I was thinking. That is kinda what the map shows as well. The map shows the creeks, but not the trails. Also the trail was not as well traveled as I would think Dry Creek would be. I climbed up to the pines, past a cool rocky section with some good sized boulders in the trees, that was a cool spot-I wish ther would have been more of that! Then it turned steeper and loose, but nothing technical. I continued on this for a while and was close I know it. It looked like it was about to level out, but that is where I turned around and came down. I was running low on time and water...ok and energy Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X

Do it again soon...
    Ditto, good times for sure! On the bright side with the crickets, there could be worse things crawling all over the trail..ahem..think lower Hulls At least with the crickets if you roll over one while bombing down the trail, there wont be repercussions
    Yeah, we'll have to hit that trail again soon!