mtbr member

Powdercoating in Boise?

Any recommendations for a good powdercoater in Boise?
    Thanks.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Guy I work with had it done by primo in meridian. I think he paid around 150 or so. It looks good, the color is even and no runs or spots.

Look out!
    How about before and after pics? For those of us thinking about it. Thanks.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Smokin'---thanks for the info, I'll check them out.
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had mine done at Western Sandblasting and Powder Coating. They did an awesome job and they'll do the frame for 75$. I had a rigid fork that they did for an extra 10$. Not a blemish anywhere - Can't recommend them enough.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Can't beat that with a stick. What media form did they use for the sandblasting part?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No clue... sand?

It seemed that he does bikes a lot because he knew where to stop for the steerer tube and crankhole (technical term).. etc. He did a really nice job.. One thing I didn't do was rinse the whole frame out.. so there were a lot of gritty noises for a bit.. particularly in the seat tube.. but it's all good now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Stackwalker, do you have an in there? I called Western back in July and they quoted me ALOT more to blast and coat my girls frame.

I ended up going with Primo out in Meridian. He was quick and did a great job.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No in - I may have mentioned that my friend had it done for $75, but I mentioned no names or anything... maybe that's the trick. Just need to mention that someone else referred you that had it done for $75... well $85 if you are having a front fork done as well.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, I'm wanting to get my frame repainted too. My concern though is decals...any idea where, how, what, or who does decals? Can you just buy stickers somewhere to give it some texture? I'm not into just a plane jane colored frame. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I have a Salsa Horsethief and hate the color but love the bike so I want to make it my own. Hate to even get rid of the "Salsa" and HOrsethief logos on it but not sure what to do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    There is a guy in the mall that will make them. He has one of those carts in the middle. He will make any you want, you just supply the file and dimensions.