mtbr member

Postcard from the PI

Some riding photos from the Far East...
    I put the knobbies on the Slinger after a week of skinny tire riding and it felt just like going home...
    These are pics with the "team" in a trail system called Maarat which luckily starts right outside my hometown.

This the "Rest Tree" right before the singletrack starts

The kids playing at the Bowl before the descent and climb called "Yes or No". The trail system was made by MotoX'ers so there were jumps and berms all over the place. It's mostly clay which is fine when dry but any bit of moisture and it's like Slick 50.

The upside of "Yes or No". The trail was basically one big rut formed in the clay by motorcycles which made it basically unrideable since it was steep and slick (it was hard just walking up or down). I suggested the trail be renamed to "No or No".

Riders are basically the same everywhere. This is the flip version of Lucky 13. A snack shack called Virgil's in the middle of the nowhere. The only difference is the snacking happens in the beginning and middle of the ride and not so much in the end.

A taste of PI singletrack. That is Ramon up front and Dan-Dan right behind him. Dan-Dan is one of the fastest kids (up and down), I've ridden with anywhere. Amazing rider and great singletrack.

Until next time...

Contagious Xian

very cool

Thanks for sharing Gary.

It is 21 degrees outside my back porch right now at 7:30 am!

now known as P.I.-SSer
    Dec 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

hi gary

heard from edmund you spanked Team All Terra's @sses hehe

hope to ride with you soon

agu

mtbr member

I wish...

Quote Originally Posted by CabRider
    hi gary

heard from edmund you spanked Team All Terra's @sses hehe

hope to ride with you soon

agu
    Those All-Terra boys are fast! Way faster than they were last year. The team uniforms are nice too... hehe... I was the only one out of uniform since mine was still stinky from the crazy-a$$ road race yesterday in Marikina. I've never done a road race in the middle of rush hour traffic (definitely an adventure race, hehe)... It would be like a road race in the middle of traffic in NYC. Crazy but fun!
    Let's ride soon. I'm here for 2 more weeks.