mtnjam

Post fire trail rehab - 'Tater Mtn.

I'm sure most of you know which trail north of Stanley I'm talking about that is currently burning in the Halstead Fire.

Over the years it seems that this trail has taken a bit of damage from use and washouts, etc. Some of the sections of this trail need some work, although it is still a blast to ride as it was.

I'll be the first one to offer up some assistance with the rehab and maintenance of said trail. Not sure what the land agency will do with this trail after the fire, but hopefully it will be returned to as good, if not better conditions than before the fire with some input and volunteerism from the user groups that use this trail.

Ideas or comments for Tater Mountain rehab?
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman View Post
    Ideas or comments for Tater Mountain rehab?
    Don't ask, don't tell.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Look out!
    Are you talking about Little Basin Creek, aka potato mountain? If so, I believe it's on Forest Service land. I would like to see a reroute the nasty god awful climb at the start. Contour it around to make it more enjoyable like the rest of the trail. I have tentative plans to be in Stanley in the middle of next month and was going to recon the area if it is open. It still might be burning by then though.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Letters to the Salmon-Challis National Forest Supervisor about the importance of these trails to Mtn Bikers in the Halstead Fire area might help to get some trail maintenance/remediation done in the fire area.

mtnjam
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid View Post
    Are you talking about Little Basin Creek, aka potato mountain? If so, I believe it's on Forest Service land. I would like to see a reroute the nasty god awful climb at the start. Contour it around to make it more enjoyable like the rest of the trail. I have tentative plans to be in Stanley in the middle of next month and was going to recon the area if it is open. It still might be burning by then though.
    Yep, that'd be the place
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...