Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Possible Thief trolling around "Entrance Exam" tonight

905 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  thebigred67 
#1 ·
Hope we don't get any reports of anyone being ripped off. I started out going up to eastside and he was tooling around the pullout just above entrance exam in lowered small pickup no tailgate, black with white stripes. He started going up the road a bit towards me, then turned around.

When I climbed back out about an hour later or so he was still there driving around then asked me a couple questions about the trails but had no bike with him..........

Hey, could have been just some cool dude wandering about, but was behavin suspicious

Don't leave any valuables in your rig when you park up there!

#7 ·
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Mark didn't lose too much stuff or have too much inconvienence. Did this happen up there? If it is that person who looked suspicious, let's get his azz.

I looked at it, the license plate, I should have written it down, dang! 1EE something. But I would know the rig for sure.

#8 ·
The simple solution is to not have anything valuable in your car and to not lock the doors. Works every time. Serious.

Pfft. Americans are so obsessed with possessions and keeping them locked up. No wonder thieves are into thieving..

#10 ·
I was hesitant to post on this.....

Yeah.......my bad for leaving my wallet in my truck. I know better than leaving valuables in a rig at a trail head, but I had to run to get gas for my lawn mower and after mowing my lawn I headed up to Stack........with unfortunately my wallet still in my shorts.

Chatted with Meeker and Bungard at the Entrance Exam parking area before I peddled up the road and probably left my shorts in plain sight.....the thief didn't have to break into my truck. The sliding rear window was unlocked....the thief took my shorts and wallet.

So.......moral of this story....don't be an easy target. :madman:

#11 ·
I'm sorry Mark and you probably had to go through the invonvienence/hassle of cancelling all your cards, etc.

I just wonder if it was that person i thought looked suspicious. If anyone sees that truck what is the best thing to do?

#13 ·
Yeah......my skanky Gramicci's!

:rolleyes:

The thief had to be in a hurry.....

Spending over an hour on the phone cancelling a DC and CCs sucked most of the fun out of my Saturday evening. I had a very pleasant ride at Stack Rock that afternoon too.......

Meeker.....I owe you several beers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.