mtbr member
    May 2012

Pocatello for a day

Hey Idahoans, we are passing through from Utah back home to BC and thought we would consider changing things up and stop in Pocatello for a day of riding. What are the trails like in general and now? Is there a bike shop to get trail maps/advice on a Sunday? Are there any group or club rides?

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    Trails are in great condition for the most part. Up high might still be a little wet. I know that Barrie's (a local bike shop) isn't open on Sundays, but here is a trail map for the City Creek trail system:
    http://www.isu.edu/outdoor/pdf/CITY%...rail%20map.pdf
    I know of one group ride that goes on Wednesdays, but other than that, it's just a bunch of lone wolves around here. Let us know if you have any more questions; there's a lot of experience on these boards.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    City Creek is a great place to start and all trails are pretty dry at this point, in that area. There is a bit more opening up daily but its a bit harder to find with no real bike oriented map. West fork, Valve House, Slate mtn./dry creek, and Gibson Jack are all ride-able now. Just a normal google map may get you close enough to find the trail heads. Let me know what day and time and I would love to show off our stuff.
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by butryon View Post
    City Creek is a great place to start and all trails are pretty dry at this point, in that area. There is a bit more opening up daily but its a bit harder to find with no real bike oriented map. West fork, Valve House, Slate mtn./dry creek, and Gibson Jack are all ride-able now. Just a normal google map may get you close enough to find the trail heads. Let me know what day and time and I would love to show off our stuff.
    We are coming to town today (I just saw this) plan to ride tonight because of heat and then if we enjoy maybe tomorrow earlier AM. If you are available tonight send me a text at 2504302846. That would be awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    If it doesn't work out can you recommend a 2 hour loop in the city creek area for this evening?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Enjoyed riding in City Creek area. Climbed up City Creek trail then wound our way back down to 911, what a ride that was, never done anything like that before!! Nicely built buff trails, great place to stop on the way to or from Utah for us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Sorry I missed you guys for a ride. If you guys get back this way, let me know, and I will show you a few more trails. Our trail system is getting larger and better every year.
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Im coming up to Poky from Utah this Weekend. Any suggestions on a good ride that also allows for Trail Running for the wife?

mtbr member
    Also what type of terrain is there? Should I bring a full Squish bike or a Hardtail?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Only my 2c from visiting for 1 day, but a hardtail would certainly suffice if you are on city creek trails and they are definitely good for the trail running too!! Stay away from 911 for the trail running, that would be no good. Every other trail we saw in that area would be great though!

mtbr member
    Cool,
    Will take up the hardtail 29er then. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    City Creek should be great by this weekend. It was a little dusty this morning but it is starting to rain. If you have more time maybe check out the Mink Creek area or Gibson Jack. They are above 6000ft and are in the pines more typically being about 5-10 degrees cooler.
    Enjoy,
    Ryon
    ATV = fat A$$