TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Pierres Hole 50 & 100 Mountain Bike Race

I just stumbled upon this 50/100 mile race on the ID/WY border last night while searching for a race to fill my August void. Looks like it could be pretty cool...being on the west side of the Grand Tetons.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

One of the harder 50/100 mile mountain bike races out there. This course on a 25 mile loop will be the ultimate test for a 50/100 mile race, each lap will have over 4600' of climbing on mostly single and double track trails.

Open to Solo riders or 2-Person Teams with a 200 rider limit

No race day registration. Last day to sign up is 8/14/2009 by 5:00 PM Mountain Time.

Entry fee includes the following: Race Shirt, Race Socks, Aid Stations, & Awards

All finishers receive: Custom Event Mug, Stainless Steel Bottle, BBQ & Beer

100 Mile Finishers that finish in under 9 hours will receive a custom belt buckle.

http://www.grandtarghee.com/the-reso...inBikeRace.php

(I am no way affiliated with this event. Just spreading the good word)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Should be fun, lot of fun riding on those trails. I heard they were building some big jumps on the Dry Creek part of the course. That'd be fun at around 80 miles.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad
    heard they were building some big jumps on the Dry Creek part of the course. That'd be fun at around 80 miles.
    Ha! Sweet! I would be so screwed if I hit any jump late in the race

Just registered for the 100 miler today! Can't wait to get back up to this area to race a bike. Last time I was there was a family vacation back in the day...no bikes involved.