Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

PedalFest 2012 The coolest bike race in ID

Hey all fellow fat tire riders,

I am here to feed you full of propaganda about the upcoming 2012 PedalFeset held in Pocatello, ID at the City Creek area! This year's race is going to be totally more awesomer with super duper events that will blow your mind.

First I need to give you a link to sign up online, but please read on as I will describe and detail the greatest race in the greatest state of the union.

PedalFest | Pocatello, Idaho 83201 | Saturday, June 09, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

Now to more details about the race in 2012

This year we are kicking off our event on June 8th with a spaghetti feed, where you can also pick up your registration packet. There will aslo be a Big Kid (aka=adult mountain biker), small kid bike on the Hot Rock pump track race. We have one gurantee of seeing a 6'6" fellow on his sons hot walk! On top of this there will be music and dancing, before the big event the next day.

Race day will start with the Kid Rock race, which all kids under 12 race for free and get slushies and a medal for their accolades. This Hot rock race is one of the most entertaing, and popular little kid race around. We need to keep the youth on bikes!

Then the big race starts with the same divisions from last year, Open, Sport and Begginer. The Open is one of the more challenging 27+miles of single track you will ride, while competing for a cash prize. The Sport takes you on the Over the Top trail which is among some of the coolest single track around.

The fun doesn't end there as food and drinks will be provided by The Sand Trap again! Once the xc race ends, there is a fun Super D race that takes place after which is entertaing for all, racer AND spectators.

The awards ceremony will follow!

Great music, food, bikes, beer, all this means a really kick ass good time.
    Don't miss out on this years PedalFest.

As for those of you have read the entire post, congratulations and thank you. For that I will aslo inform you of our Photo/Video contest for a free entry. Upload your favorite biking photo/video. or picture of the City Creek area and win a free entry.
    You can contact me or post the video/photo on our facebook page. Here is the link to our facebook page:
    Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Go get you some early dirt this year, I am!

mtbr member

Pedalfest

Who's organizing the event this year and where is money going?
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    The same group that has been running the race the last two years. The money as always goes into trail improvements and other maintenance at trailheads etc.. Last year we bought two new large maps and installed them at trailheads. We are also working with the Forest Service and helping build and fund the new Sterling-Justice trail which will link the City Creek area and Gibson Jack via non-motorized single track trail. So now you can bike from the west bench all the way to Scout Mountain on single track non motorized trails! (Well you are on elk meadows for small portions, less than half a mile!)

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pocbiker View Post
    We are also working with the Forest Service and helping build and fund the new Sterling-Justice trail which will link the City Creek area and Gibson Jack via non-motorized single track trail. So now you can bike from the west bench all the way to Scout Mountain on single track non motorized trails! (Well you are on elk meadows for small portions, less than half a mile!)
    There will be much cause for celebration when this is complete.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi There! I work at Yeti Cycles and we are currently building an XC team around the AS-R Carbon. We are looking for strong, age-group riders/racers in the mountain states.
    Let me know if you want more info/details on the team
    Yeti AS-R C Team Manager

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sounds like fun, might have to check it out after the nationals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Konasam,
    you should come check it out, it is before nationals though. We have some awesome trails.

IPA, have you been wronged by some of the pedalfest people, or just lack information?

Ryon
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by butryon View Post

IPA, have you been wronged by some of the pedalfest people, or just lack information?

Ryon
    The latter...I'm a fan, and think the info. should be a part of the announcements. Support for Sterling Justice makes it that much better.

And as soon as I lose 12 pounds, and get new legs, lungs, and heart, I'm coming after you...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Shoot you'll burn me down right now. I had a few beers too many through out this less than stellar snow year. The pedalfest people are going to put up a website that lets people know about the various projects happening and and where the money is being spent. It will also be a place for volunteer coordination. I agree that if more people know about where the money goes they are more likely to participate and lend a hand.

Dirt sure is starting to go off down low, hope you get out and get some.

Ryon
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Dirt sure is starting to go off down low, hope you get out and get some.

Ryon
    Hi Ryon-

We will try to make it down for Pedalfest, but trying to find conditions report on City Creek for this weekend? Good down low on those trails, you mean?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Yes, the trails are dry'n up quickly. You can make it all the way up city until you hit the road before the upper sap tree section. Death Valley, 911, fremont trail/rocky pt. Not sure about the north fork. I hear you can go up/down the black cairn but it has a big rut from a moto. Should be able to connect some longer rides if you wanna go toward Howard mtn.

I hope to see you guys up here.

Ryon
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Updates

Hey everyone,

So we have been gearing up, and our sponsors are shelling out! This is going to be one good race, and an even better MTB get together. If you have not put this race on your calendar, I suggest you do so soon. We have started to do some trail maintenance and a couple of improvements to our race. If there is any suggestions that any of you have, please list them here and we will take them into consideration.

Trails right now our golden! Over the top is in pristine condition, with work needed on a couple of switchbacks. Race course overall is in good shape. You can ride it all with no snow (last year we had someone digging out cornices trying to get ready for race day). If you want to preview the course, just ask on this thread, and we will get someone to ride it with you.

As for City Creek as a whole, everything is in good shape. Just beware, there are new erosion controls going in along the trail by the creek (aka The Gut) with some nasty blindside wood beams. Ride careful and slow in there. Also serengeti is in pretty rough shape.

Go and get some brown Pow, because there sure wasn't much white Pow this year.

Message in short, go biking and support the PedalFest!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Pedalfest is about 15 days out!!!!! It should be a great time and lots of good food, drink, and friends. If you are not doing much please show up, even better......if you have a lot going on, ditch it and come ride and have a beer. See you there JUNE 9th
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Late fee takes effect next friday

Hey all,

The late fee will take place on June 1st. So sign up now and save $10. You can sign up here: Pocatello City Creek PedalFest | Pocatello, Idaho 83201 | Saturday, June 09, 2012 @ 8:30 AM

Your ticket gets you a spaghetti dinner, a ticket to the raffle, Pulled pork lunch, a shirt, a grab bag, free beer. Oh yeah, and a kick ass race. All for $30. Plus you can watch some dude do backflips on a bmx bike friday night. And dance to some good live music on saturday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hey guys is it raining down there like it is up here in Teton Valley? thinking of making the trip down for Sun or Mon. Please advise!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Hey guys is it raining down there like it is up here in Teton Valley? thinking of making the trip down for Sun or Mon. Please advise!
    got a bit yesterday but not enough to soak trails...more expected today.

Monday should be good.

Wife and I were looking to head your way to hike (or even hike for turns), but don't know what is clear and what is snow covered. Please advise!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hiking for turns at Targhee might be your best bet, but its getting thin at the bottom. Hiking trails, you'll start to run into snow around 7500', maybe higher if its south facing. We've gotten a lot of rain and snow this week, so everything is pretty wet. Classic Memorial Day!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Forecast has perfect weather conditions

So the ten day weather forecast came out today, with June 9th on it (day of race) and guess who has a great big smile! Weather will be 78 degrees with sun! On top of that there will be rain in the midweek, making for prime singletrack dirt conditions. Check it out here Weather Headlines - weather.com

Also, tommorow June 1st at 11:59 pm will be the last time you can register at the amazing rate of $30.

I will start updating racer #'s soon. I thought we would not reach the limit of 200 but it seems we have had a lot of traffic lately. Something to think about.

GOOD TIMES AHEAD!!!

Travis
    PS Message me if you have any questions!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Excellent Registration so far.

Hey Fellow dirtrags,

So the time is here and the big race is coming up. Registration has been great the last two weeks, and there is only 50 spots left open. Over 150 have already signed up, and the kids race is getting close to unmanageable.
    The new kids pumptrack is bringing the youngsters out! Plus there will be superheroes on bikes everywhere. Come down at 1:00 pm this Saturday at Centennial Park for an awesome young rider Hot Rock race on the pumptrack. Course will be decorated with this years theme of
    "Super Heroes". Race is free for kids ages 1-12.

On Friday Night our spaghetti feed and packet pick up kicks off at 6:30 pm. Stick around and watch some crazy yet skilled BMX'rs rip it up on some wooden features and jumps. Stick around and meet other local riders and get your questions answered.

Saturday, registration Kicks off at 8:30 am. Open class will kick off the racing with a 9:30 am shotgun start. Sport Class follows at 9:45 am, with Beginner at 10:15 am. The Super D race will start 1:30 pm with shuttles beginning at 12.

Awards ceremony and raffle will take place at 3:30 pm.
    Make sure to stop and visit all booths at Cenntenial Park and thank them for supporting and being a part of the 2012 PedalFest!

Travis

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any idea on 2013 date yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I believe the date will be June 8th. I hope you can make it. It's a lot of single track with some very fast single track downhill. S
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks. I think that'll be at least the second year that it coincides with one of the local 5k/10k runs. Preceding Saturday is the Pocatello 50 trail run. Would be cool to have 3 consecutive Saturdays of Pocatello 50, local 5k/10k, and Pedalfest, rather than have two of them conflict.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    We have tried to be mindful of all the racing going on around that time of year. As far as it conflicting with the city fun run, we have asked multiple times. The relationship with the city has been tough, but hopefully its getting better.
    ATV = fat A$$

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    We have tried to be mindful of all the racing going on around that time of year. As far as it conflicting with the city fun run, we have asked multiple times. The relationship with the city has been tough, but hopefully its getting better.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm just happy to know that you're aware of the conflict. There are certain aspects out of your control and I can understand that. Just glad to know that the parties involved are aware and working toward what's best for everyone.

Any chance to expand the race once the Sterling-Justice connector is...connected? West Fork > Elk Meadows > Gibson > Connector > OTT > rest of race course? For upper level option, at least....

Fun possibilities....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    We should be done with the sterling justice connector after this next season and that will open up a lot of options. There is talk of putt
    ATV = fat A$$

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast