Thread: patagucci

dirt enthusiast

Good job! patagucci

just to give you all the heads up~ patagonia is having their winterfest sale. awesome stuff for 30-60% off! sale runs feb 23rd-27th. just about the only time this is affordable!!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by georgezilla
    just to give you all the heads up~ patagonia is having their winterfest sale. awesome stuff for 30-60% off! sale runs feb 23rd-27th. just about the only time this is affordable!!
    [size=4]On ebay????[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    Buy a Capilene Zip Tee, wear it for a week without washing it and I guarantee nobody will ever ride with you again. Wait a minute. Nobody rides with you already. Hmmmmm....
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Is that at the Dillon outlet? I thought they only had Memorial and Labor Day sales.

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Buy a Capilene Zip Tee, wear it for a week without washing it and I guarantee nobody will ever ride with you again. Wait a minute. Nobody rides with you already. Hmmmmm....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by zebdi; 02-23-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

dirt enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    ooopps, sorry! thats at patagonia.com might be useful info, eh?!
    i might be going to hell in a bucket, but at least i'm enjoying the ride

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Sleeping with the enemy

I heard once that Patagonia contributes a portion of their earnings to the help fund lobbying and the creation of more wilderness areas. It's a fine successful company with good products but I hesitate to buy anything from it. I just see more riding areas disappearing, never to be ridden again.

Who knows Patagonia's policy? Is this true? Or do they confine their do-gooding to places far away like the amazon?

mtbr member

my experience w/ patagonia

is that they are a company very invested in sustainability in agriculture, and also in terms of helping folks build sustainable small farming projects on hillsides in latin america. these people get pushed off of their land due to big ag. production (read: topsoil depletion, clearcutting, groundwater pollution) and are forced to farm terrace-style on hillsides for their own food.

i worked on a project in college where patagonia was a big supporter of this type of capacity building. they funded the project and sent ambassadors to implement. gave us great organic t's too! they have been a leader in the organic cotton movement, integrating nice organic cotton into their t's and other products before the organic cotton thing really took off.

also, they will outfit you if you are going on a gnarly expedition somewhere, if you take good pics wearing/using their goods. good friend of mine went to machu pichu w/ her SO and they were STOKED by patagonia. she worked for the same sustainable ag. project that i was working on, and they just offered to pimp them from head to toe. bummer, huh?

i think they are a good company. on principle i buy their stuff only when it hits 40% off or more. i've got gear out the wazoo, i'm staying off their site...
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

Hi!!!
    1) I'm glad Patagonia hasn't gone the way of TNF. Yeah Patagonia does have some questionable frilly stuff, at least they ain't going over the top like TNF. I still think TNF has some great gear and clothing, but man it seems like ever since they got bought out by the Vanity Fair Corp., they have started to make apparel that is aimed at the soccer moms and CPA dads that want to look outdoorsy by wearing TNF labeled stuff. We get alot of that crap in the store. And suprisingly the stuff sells!!!

2) I was Oahu for a short weekend trip this past October and as always made the foray into their store in Haleiwa on the North Shore and lo and behold they had mountaineering jackets and down jackets. We are talking about friggin' Oahu!!!! Sure it was raining a bit when we were there, but c'mon since when does someone need a mountaineering jacket in Oahu!?!?!?!

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    1)
    2) I was Oahu for a short weekend trip this past October and as always made the foray into their store in Haleiwa on the North Shore and lo and behold they had mountaineering jackets and down jackets. We are talking about friggin' Oahu!!!! Sure it was raining a bit when we were there, but c'mon since when does someone need a mountaineering jacket in Oahu!?!?!?!
    There is a snowboard shop there too because there is a mountain in Hawaii that has a ski resort. I thought it was weird too but I also heard that a lot of Japanese buy their ski equipment in hawaii because it is cheaper than buying it in Japan. Just what I heard.