Hi!!!

Paging CBro, Bombin4X, and others interested (Brundage/Tam content)

I know July is a bit off, but I was wondering if you guys and your affiliated cohorts (as well as others on this board) would be interested in a Brundage/Tamarack weekend? Hit Brundage one day, Tamarack the next, and call it good or maybe even ride one of the McCall classics on another day. Oh...I'm looking at getting a campsite or two (or maybe even a group site if there is enough interest) up at the Upper Payette Lake campround.

Usually Brundage opens around the 4th of July right? Well the 4th falls on a Tuesday this year and I'm hoping that they will be open that weekend. BTW...since the 4th is on a Tuesday, do we have to work Monday or is that a day off??? Anyhoo I am thinking that Tamarack should be open around that same time as well (and they are suppose to have more trails ready this summer right?).

Anyways just tossing it out there for your thoughts.

Contagious Xian

CBro is my only co-hort

Hey Nick - Great idea. I was thinking something to this same effect. I got the summer pass for Brundage and believe Tamarack should be really nice in the lift-access area this year. Camping would be fun, I would just need to clear the days with my event coordinator to make sure we could make a go of it. If we're going to be caravaning up that way I'd like to make it any time other than when the long train of trailers and boats are on the road..

Good idea~
    CP

Hi!!!
    How many in yoru BOMB group would be interested?

More than likely I'll be stuck here that Friday until mid/late afternoon so I'll be stuck in that damn traffic mess .

As of right now, according to ReserveUSA.com, there are a handful of individual campsites still available for that weekend and just one group site available. Errr....I'll go check again....

EDIT

June 30 - July 3 there are spaces available...one group site and a couple of individual campsites.

Contagious Xian

I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    How many in yoru BOMB group would be interested?

More than likely I'll be stuck here that Friday until mid/late afternoon so I'll be stuck in that damn traffic mess .

As of right now, according to ReserveUSA.com, there are a handful of individual campsites still available for that weekend and just one group site available. Errr....I'll go check again....
    CBro and I have splintered into a faction of sorts, it's called BOMBWAR - the "WAR" referring to "Who Actually Ride" - it's a new concept to some. We could always run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it. The beauty is that there are so many folks here who actually ride instead of talking about riding that it should be easy to organize a group outing with spackle, chardonnay, PBR, and breeding.

Thanks for your efforts and let me/us know what you find out about the reservations.

King of the Barneys

Count Me In

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I know July is a bit off, but I was wondering if you guys and your affiliated cohorts (as well as others on this board) would be interested in a Brundage/Tamarack weekend? Hit Brundage one day, Tamarack the next, and call it good or maybe even ride one of the McCall classics on another day. Oh...I'm looking at getting a campsite or two (or maybe even a group site if there is enough interest) up at the Upper Payette Lake campround.

Usually Brundage opens around the 4th of July right? Well the 4th falls on a Tuesday this year and I'm hoping that they will be open that weekend. BTW...since the 4th is on a Tuesday, do we have to work Monday or is that a day off??? Anyhoo I am thinking that Tamarack should be open around that same time as well (and they are suppose to have more trails ready this summer right?).

Anyways just tossing it out there for your thoughts.

barring any painful obligatory trip to the inlaws, that sounds Grrrrreat!

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member

Good job! look at me

see my hand raised too!!!!
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Hi!!!

No good

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Of course being the darkest skinned person at tonight's meeting means I automatically get screwed.

I'm scheduled for the Saturday of the weekend before the 4th of July so it looks like this weekend is somewhat a bit of a bust unless someone wants to take the reins on organizing it (ie....securing campsites). I can probably be up there after my shift or early Sunday morning and ride Sunday and probably Monday. Ehhh we'll see how this crap pans out.

Sorry.

Nick

AND.....

I got screwed on Labor Day weekend as well!!!!!
    Last edited by BelaySlave; 04-04-2006 at 09:48 PM.

mtbr member

BS youre lucky

I generally try to get screwed every weekend at least 3 times. if that doesnt work out then I just snap the carrot. mainly

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Dingle Is Impressive

3X every weekend. Impressive!!! I try to get screwed as often as possible. Usually the batteries don't charge as fast as I want them too, so that I have limitations. Though, every spring the sheep are in the Foothills so opportunities abound. The Great Pyrennes gets fiesty that you are movin' in on his territory. Oh by the way, since we are talking about sheep...can I borrow that carrot later?
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Well, since you guys don't really know me, I wouldn't camp with you or anything, but maybe we could do a bit of riding. I'll be at Brundage or Tamarack most likely that weekend, so if I do, I'll see about hooking up for a bit of riding...

mtbr member
    May 2004

Would have wanted to go

Will be great, but am planning to go down to SoCal and visit my family for the 4th
    My aunt always has something going on, so will see the whole dang family (Sis, Mom and Dad, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, etc............).

I do plan to bring my riding gear though and see if I can get a bike to ride, probably from The Path (Tani)
    so will take some photos, maybe of San Juan and trails below Blue Jay campground, (that is if you don't hold it against me this time!

mtbr member

Sign me up too

I'll be sleeping in my own comfy bed all those nights, but I'll definitely show up for the rides. I just spoke to Brundage, they haven't really set the opening date, but the message says "first weekend in July" and she said 99.9% that they'll open on Sat 1st. (which happens to be Canada Day- so bring Labatt's!) Tam's downhill trails should be great this year, the snow should have really packed them down

Hi!!!
    FWIW....

I suggested to Stephen Stuebner tonight (he was out our store giving a MTB Basics presentation) that a combo Brundage/Tamarack MTB season pass be offered. I figured why not...there is a combo winter season pass for Brundage/Tamarack. He was pretty receptive to the idea and will bring it up with the powers-that-be. Hopefully this comes to fruition!

I also asked him about both of 'em opening the 4th of July weekend and he was guardedly optimistic, just all depends on how this spring pans out. I *think* he said they added an additional five miles of trails? Errr I could be wrong on that.

mtbr member
    I'm reviving this old thread to see if its still on and what the plans are. So?

Hi!!!
    I'm heading up there on the 3rd to ride all day at Brundage. I have to be at the office on the 30th and I have to work on the store on the 4th .
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Contagious Xian

Dangit - I even got the season pass.....

Mrs. Bombin and I won't be back from the big apple until the 5th so I am out for any said festivities.

However, my legal counsel (CBro) and I have determined that a Fisher-Williams outing that Saturday (7/8) could be nectarly delicious...anyone want to drive?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I'll drive!!!! Ha ha!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Contagious Xian
    Uh, wait, uh, ok. No wait, no thanks. Can the Viszlas drive instead?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    The thing that gets me is that people pay money to freeride. Am I the only one who sees the hypor, the hypicr, the hippcra... anything weird about that?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    The thing that gets me is that people pay money to freeride. Am I the only one who sees the hypor, the hypicr, the hippcra... anything weird about that?
    As one who has taken the hippocratic oath, I find it fun, not weird, to experience a little lift-access to augment the weekly ballbusting foothills climbing on my heavy bike. To each his own though on this subject.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    As one who has taken the hippocratic oath, I find it fun, not weird, to experience a little lift-access to augment the weekly ballbusting foothills climbing on my heavy bike. To each his own though on this subject.
    I was being facetious, brutha. Freeriding that you pay for. Get it? Yuddy yuddy yuddy kaboom. I pay for gravity and and grooming in the winter to augment the wallowing so I'm with you brutha.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Contagious Xian
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I was being facetious, brutha. Freeriding that you pay for. Get it? Yuddy yuddy yuddy kaboom. I pay for gravity and and grooming in the winter to augment the wallowing so I'm with you brutha.
    Dirk I am apparently not the sharpest clown in the toolshed, er, tool at the circus, er, card in the deck. Mine was a kneejerk response from dingjingle's critical position on lift-access last week. I humbly repent!

Hi!!!
    Thanks Swede for the reminder....

I screwed up this one. As of right now, I am scheduled to work Monday the 3rd at REI. I'm also working that Saturday at the store. I'm not too sure about Sunday and Tuesday (yes we are open on the effin' 4th!!!). I'll know more tomorrow night and will post potential plans on Wednesday morning.

Sorry!

Nick
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle