King of the Barneys

Owyhees Ride 02/25

Boy, what a morning! More pics and text to follow. But what a great ride. Good guys, fun, interesting trail, great weather, several flats and technicals, even a spotting of wild horses. Considering the riders who turned out, I was glad it was a no-drop ride. It would be O so easy to get royally, totally lost out there. Here are some of my shots. I know there are more coming. Thanks for the tour, amigos.

CDB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Boy, what a morning! More pics and text to follow. But what a great ride. Good guys, fun, interesting trail, great weather, several flats and technicals, even a spotting of wild horses. Considering the riders who turned out, I was glad it was a no-drop ride. It would be O so easy to get royally, totally lost out there. Here are some of my shots. I know there are more coming. Thanks for the tour, amigos.

CDB
    And a couple more, mostly of the bretheren trying (and many successfully) to clean a miserable climb.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    And a couple more, mostly of the bretheren trying (and many successfully) to clean a miserable climb.
    Last one, showing yet another Craig, with a group of wild horses way off in the distance. And it was great to put faces and bikes to names.

beer is good

... and if we just ...

Nice pix Cbro, and a good ride with some carnage, punctured tubes, sliced tires, and a broken brake lever, but it's all good!

the group pushin up that hill

Eric giving it a second go, hey nice levers...

impdude heading back
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

Contagious Xian

Good times guys

Earthpig, Nels, impdude, laffeaux, mtnbkrdr98, lv2ride, CBro, "The Other Craig" and I had a really fun ride today. Numerous flat tires, an endo leading to a snapped brake lever, gashed tire, cutting sage brush (my shins hurt like heck), wild horses saying hello, and shotgun echos made my first trip out to the 2O a memorable one. Big props to:

-Nels and EP for leading and keeping a good pace
    -laffeaux, mtnbkrdr98, and impdude for a nice technical rock climb session/clinic
    -CBro for his impeccable fashion statements
    -"The Other Craig" and lv2ride for putting up with the rest of our bad jokes

Contagious Xian

A few more

Dandy weather too - shorts, all-season shoes, regular gloves, jersey with light winbreaker at times. Hello Spring!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Good lookin' group!

Oh my.

Contagious Xian

Especially CBro

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Oh my.
    Not many men can wear that jersey without fear of their manhood being challenged.

CBro is one of those "few" men. A man among boys.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Oh my.
    There was wool (nice jersey, Nels!), KY, chardonnay, and a pre-ride circle jerk. What more could you ask for?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    There was wool (nice jersey, Nels!), KY, chardonnay, and a pre-ride circle jerk. What more could you ask for?
    Get rid of several riding partners who look like registered sex offenders and 40 year old virgins.... and those who hang on to comments from very old posts; I can only imagine how many times the same joke or riding story is retold in the ride to and fro Reynolds Creek.
    Last edited by westin; 02-26-2006 at 10:30 AM.

Rocks Rock

What a day

Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Dandy weather too - shorts, all-season shoes, regular gloves, jersey with light winbreaker at times. Hello Spring!
    OK so some of us look a little funky and some of the jokes may lead you to believe... well forget it. These guys can ride. Some day maybe I'll keep up. All those mechanicals and nobody even got pissed.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Yesterday was certainly a beautiful day for a ride! Thanks to the ride "leaders" for showing us the way. I really enjoyed the trails. I can't wait to do the full loop at some point in the near future.

I still can't believe that my brake lever snapped on such a minor crash. I guess a rock must have hit it just right. Who expects bike damage from an endo while moving at about a walking pace. Oh well... Hopefully I'll have a new lever soon.

Thanks again for the great ride!! I'm in for next time too (whenever that is).
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Contagious Xian
    Get rid of several riding partners who look like registered sex offenders and 40 year old virgins.... and those who hang on to comments from very old posts; I can only imagine how many times the same joke or riding story is retold in the ride to and fro Reynolds Creek.
    Agreeing with impdude - we were a motley crew, but our funky dress and modest appearance aint what riding the big O (or any other trails for that matter) is about. Was a great group of guys and the stoke was large.

The only thing we got rid of yesterday was a bad 'tude.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Nice jersey, Cbro...

~formica

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    Nice jersey, Cbro...

~formica
    Very funny, you can't hide from this one. At the break at the big rocks, I had to tell the story how you made it and you gals awarded it to me last summer. I happen to love it. What was funnier still is I wore it with my tights into the Jack In the Box in Nampa, and got a few funny looks.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yes what a great group!

A good ride and very much appreciated riding with all of you!
    and thanks for posting the pictures.....
    I hope next time we can do the big loop.. and less mechanicals
    Myself I got two flats by the time I got home, picked up some Spec airlock tubes,
    we'll see hos those go.

Talk/ride with you all again soon!