mtbr member
    May 2004

Owhyees Ride on Sat?

Does anyone want to try for the Owhyees tomorrow?

Contagious Xian
    You know I'd love to go, but going to study for my tests the whole weekend...

If you end up going, post a creative report on the board. Make stuff up if you need to.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Maybe, but since the forecast is showing below-freezing morning local temps, the foothills should be rideable. I'm definitely going to ride tomorrow morning (unless it snows), but I'm leaning strongly towards a local ride, rather than making the 2 hour round trip to the Owyhees. (Cue the posts about my "tight scheduling requirements" here.)

King of the Barneys
    Normally I'd be game. Loved it last time, but wife n I have a weekend alone without the kids, so I'm hoping to spend more time indoors...
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Rocks Rock

Are you shy

Or will you be posting the details. It's not nice to brag. I'm in VA and the wife is in Denver this weekend. Boo Hoo
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    D - If you're not headed to 20, are you interested in a local ride instead?

26er

I will be going wheels down at 7:30am

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    D - If you're not headed to 20, are you interested in a local ride instead?
    from camels crack if anyone wants to join. I want to do maybe three hours and then I am going skiing.

Chris
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    Or will you be posting the details. It's not nice to brag. I'm in VA and the wife is in Denver this weekend. Boo Hoo
    Videos will be for sale on ebay in about a month....

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

the new Gilbert Grape
    I'm interested in a later local ride. I'll head out after noon (try to hit the heat of the day). Either local trails or road bike depending on the weather.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Contagious Xian

Anyone ride today?

Studying and flag football games kept me exempt from the riding group this morning, fricken fracken anyway...

Did ya'll ride? Can you please post some pics to make me jealous, making me mad enuff to want to pierce my nips, fight about local races, while contemplating about christian rock "blowing", and taking sarcasm too seriously?

I can't wait until we're all too freakin tired from our epics to care to post to this silly board cuz we're bored. Spring and Summer - we beckon you come!!!!

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Studying and flag football games kept me exempt from the riding group this morning, fricken fracken anyway...

Did ya'll ride? Can you please post some pics to make me jealous, making me mad enuff to want to pierce my nips, fight about local races, while contemplating about christian rock "blowing", and taking sarcasm too seriously?

I can't wait until we're all too freakin tired from our epics to care to post to this silly board cuz we're bored. Spring and Summer - we beckon you come!!!!
    Well, 20 miles road, and two hours over the iron at the Y. Better-n-nuthin...

CDB

Contagious Xian

check my stats

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Well, 20 miles road, and two hours over the iron at the Y. Better-n-nuthin...

CDB
    Nice, g-roadie time...I gotta get me one dangit.

When my wife is wealthy I'll quit my job and ride with you 10x a week since your boss still hasn't figured out what a slacker you are and still keeps you on the payroll.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey bro good job on the studying. I apologize to Nels and everyone for posting this ride since planning ahead I ended up needing time just like you, to study for a goal, my iNET+ cert. I'm in the mode of wanting as much marketable credentials and app SW skills as I can learn and retain! Buckle down and get that RE License

I sent an email to GB since he was riding local. Nels and I rode local - up the freeway to connector up Bucktail then the Mil Res fireroad (what is the name of that somebody), then up 5 (nice climb) down part of 4 and Sidewinder. Some muddy and mucky spots but most of it was clean or "loamy". May ride again today local......

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Twisted and I had a 4hr discussion about spackle, urban sprawl, 2crankheads, the return of 70s style autos, turrets syndrome, sarcasmk and our favorite color H2 while touring scenic Ada, Gem, and Canyon County. Of course, we drove my H2 the whole time.

Did you know there is an unlocked porta-pottie on Purple Sage Rd?

Disclaimer: No animals, or people (living or dead) were harmed during the writing of this posting. If you appreciate the nature of this post, please visit this website:

www.drunkcyclist.com

Live to Spackle!!!
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Short ride yesterday (Sat.) AM with the Lost River crew, and an hour and a half solo effort on the singlespeed this morning. Parked at the end of the pavement on Mtn. Cove road, and started with the Reserve - Central Ridge - Bucktail - Ridgecrest - Mtn Cove loop, followed by a Connector - Freeway - Red Sands - Hulls Gulch - Freeway - Sidewinder - Freeway - Connector - Mtn. Cove "ultra-Fred" extended loop. Things seemed to stay a bit firmer for longer this AM than yesterday. By 9 AM yesterday, it was getting soft and squooshy, but today the trails were still really nice when I finished up at 9:45. The best part about today - I rode pretty much every trail between Rocky Canyon Road and 8th Street (except Shanes, 5, and Devils Slide) and saw NOT ONE other rider. Heaven...

Contagious Xian

Good job! super trek

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Short ride yesterday (Sat.) AM with the Lost River crew, and an hour and a half solo effort on the singlespeed this morning. Parked at the end of the pavement on Mtn. Cove road, and started with the Reserve - Central Ridge - Bucktail - Ridgecrest - Mtn Cove loop, followed by a Connector - Freeway - Red Sands - Hulls Gulch - Freeway - Sidewinder - Freeway - Connector - Mtn. Cove "ultra-Fred" extended loop. Things seemed to stay a bit firmer for longer this AM than yesterday. By 9 AM yesterday, it was getting soft and squooshy, but today the trails were still really nice when I finished up at 9:45. The best part about today - I rode pretty much every trail between Rocky Canyon Road and 8th Street (except Shanes, 5, and Devils Slide) and saw NOT ONE other rider. Heaven...
    (edited - see it was 15 mi in other post)

You're gearing up for some nice long rides, I better step my game up.
    Last edited by Bombin4X; 03-12-2006 at 06:59 PM.