Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

offtopic: Widening Hill Road in Boise?

621 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  laffeaux 
#1 ·
Does anybody know if there are plans in the works to widen Hill Road in Boise, anywhere between Gary Lane and Camel's Back? I live west of Collister near State and cruise along Hill to get to the park to start most rides. I'm amazed at the number of houses along Hill Road that are for sale. Are these folks just cashing in before the real estate bubble bursts, or is there a widening project in the works? I've heard plans about turning that mess of an intersection at Hill and 36th into a roundabout, but that's about it.

ObBike: Hill is the most bike friendly east-west route in the valley. It'd be a shame if they made it a major arterial -- I'd rather see State, already an arterial, widened, or elevated, etc.

(I did check out achd.ada.id.us, but so nothing about Hill widening. 36th&Hill roundabout, 36th widening and extension, etc)

#2 ·
justen said:
Does anybody know if there are plans in the works to widen Hill Road in Boise, anywhere between Gary Lane and Camel's Back? I live west of Collister near State and cruise along Hill to get to the park to start most rides. I'm amazed at the number of houses along Hill Road that are for sale. snip
I don't know any plans for widening Hill road. However If I lived on Hill road I would have a for sale sign on my house too. The traffic is bad along there. My guess is people bought in not realizing how bad it is, and after a while of listening to the dull roar they want out. Of course It may be something entirely different but that is my take on it.

#3 ·
I've read about the roundabout(s) planned along Hill, but have not heard anything about widdening the road. Like you, I hope that Hill is left as it is, and not widdened. As is, it's one of the more biker-friendly routes in Boise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.