mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Occupy Salmon - and the Lemhis, Beaverheads, Lost Trail Pass....

This looks like a great way to see some of the great rides Sidehiller and the Salmon crew have explored:
    Lost Trails

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I agree! Wish I could be there.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Wow, thanks for the link! I'm up in Missoula, so would have to take some time off to go hit this area sucessfully.. but great info! Hats off the Salmon area riders and this great blog

mtbr member

Occupy Beta

Thanks for putting Occupy Salmon up here in MTBR.

Todays Occupy ride was a Twelvemile to Lime shuttle with some frolicking in the Salmon river after.

Tomorrow the crew heads south to the Leadore area with two days of riding. First in Big Timber Creek and then Rocky Canyon. The riding will leave from Timber Creek Reservoir 10am-ish. They will be camping at the lake Monday night as well. Look for a Red and White Ford truck.

Tuesday evening is back in Salmon and a date with Idaho Public TV for a brief Outdoor Idaho spot and a subsequent loop on the Disco Hill Trails.

Wednesday night will be in Salmon too. Riding Wednesday will probably be in Wagonhammer. There is talk of a Stormy Peak to Shoup ride too. Check back...I will post here what the itinerary will be after Tuesday.

Thurday thru Saturday nights will be camped at North Fork with rides around Lost Trail Pass.

Check in at the North Fork Store or Idaho Adventures for specifics; or here, or FaceBook.

The Yeti Demo Van guy is here in Salmon for some riding R&R on his way to Oakridge Oregon festivities. He committed to a Yeti Demo support of next years Occupy Salmon. Our fingers are crossed, but he is stoked on the rides we have shown him so far.

mtbr member
    Some OccupySalmon2012 photos...

Twelvemile Meadows

Upper Lime Creek Trail

Almost to the end of the ride and the Salmon River.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Does anyone know how the Mustang fire will impact these trails?
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Most of the time, in general, trails recover nicely from fires.

Last night the Mustang Fire crossed to the east side of US93 just south of Trail Gulch. So the fire is now burning in the Wagonhammer Trail System. If they keep the heavy equipment out of there, the trails should do fine. I am afraid that we will see more Spotted Knapweed and Cheat Grass next spring. There is a rumor that the fire on the east side of the highway was arson caused. In any case, Mustang is over 300,000 acres.

I have not heard how the trails in Sage Creek have fared.

There is a dozer line on Butcher Knife Ridge now. Will have to get up there and see how the trail is after the big dozer dug a fire line.

On the North East edge of the burn, the fire is on Allan Mountain and creeping north. Twin Creek Trail seems safe for now but a big wind could change that quickly.