Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Noob in Boise

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16

    Noob in Boise

    Hi All, just getting back into biking after moving to the N. End of Boise (how can you resist biking in this area). Picked up a decent used XC bike and am starting to hit the trails. Hoping to meet some people who wouldnt mind me attempting to keep up with them once in a while and show me some trails. Fair warning though, I am 40 yrs old and though Im in pretty decent shape, the climb up 8th street is still enough to get my heart rate up and my breathing heavy.

  2. #2
    Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Reputation: swan3609's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by B1llBatt View Post
    I am 40 yrs old and though Im in pretty decent shape, the climb up 8th street is still enough to get my heart rate up and my breathing heavy.

    It's never easy, you just go faster. I am 20 and was a national level xc runner for a few years and the 8th Street climb still gets my heart rate going.

    Welcome to the area. Buy a ridge to rivers trail map and start checking things out. I recommend joyride for all your stuff as they are chill guys in there. And if you see a kid out in the hills on a bright team colored yeti say hi and introduce yourself..


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Stop this Derailleur Madness!!.... De-Rail-er

    See what the God of bikes has to say about it..

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    143
    B1Batt-My buddies and I frequently ride the trails both during the day and the evening. My buddies and I are intermediate, however we don't always race up the hills. Our girlfriends ride so we wait up for them-we don't have a problem waiting. If you want to ride give me a call or text 353-9361. I'm 27 and ride with 30-50 year old guys all the time. Adios-Nick

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by swan3609 View Post
    And if you see a kid out in the hills on a bright team colored yeti say hi and introduce yourself..
    Will do, I'll be the old guy on a Red Spec Epic; usually with my girl behind me on the Pink Spec Rockhopper.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicksstorm View Post
    B1Batt-My buddies and I frequently ride the trails both during the day and the evening. My buddies and I are intermediate, however we don't always race up the hills. Our girlfriends ride so we wait up for them-we don't have a problem waiting. If you want to ride give me a call or text 353-9361. I'm 27 and ride with 30-50 year old guys all the time. Adios-Nick
    Thanks for the offer Nick. Lookin Fwd to it. Im outta town this weekend but will be taking all of next week off, I'll shoot you a text when I get back in Monday.

    -Bill (aka: Batt)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •