mtbr member
    Sep 2010

no lift day at bogus this year

Emailed info and just got the reply that there is no lift day planned this year.

If you want to see another lift day at some point, I'd suggest sending them send them some feedback.

jalepenio jimenez
    just curious, what lift/s would you like to see run?
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Last year they ran the superior lift, which worked out well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I went last year for the first time and was disappointed. The trails just aren't set up for lift riding, it was required to ride a fair amount of cat tracks to get from one trail to another and then back to the lift base.
    Also the line was quite long and slow in the afternoon, and the bike hook was a little rough on the bikes. I doubt I would go back if they did offer it again. Just my opinion.

Look out!
    I've said it once, I'll say it again, forget the friggin lifts, use the quads God gave you and pedal up. It makes the descents so much more enjoyable having earned them. ;-)
    Ride the bike.

mtnjam
    If you want to ride lifts to ride go up to Brundage...they have a good setup for lift served mtb.
    If Bogus ran the lifts during the summer they'd be even further in the red on their books and it would trash the trails like it did a few years back. Lots of conflict between uphill riders and downhillers happened. Turned a lot of people off on riding at Bogus.
    If you want to ride Bogus use your own quads.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I'll agree that it's not a perfect setup for lift/downhill/lift/downhill, but since I prefer XC, it was a great way to explore the entire mountain in a single day. And it was the race that really tore things up, I think.

I expect it must be something along the lines of erosion or cost, since it was so popular last year (as evidenced by the aforementioned long lines.)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I don't do to many lift runs, but 27,000 vert in one day at silver mt definatly had me way tired at the end of the day.

jalepenio jimenez
    I usually have at least one unexpected dismount for every ten thousand feet of descent unless I'm on mommy trails, but I can say they aren't necessarily bad, just over the bike in some form or other.
    so in 27 hundred feet, how many times do you go down, to the ground, with a thud?
    (make that 27 THOUSAND)
    Last edited by mudflap; 07-04-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    1 flat and one stumble into the gondola after the 6th run, but got 8 runs in that day. I was trying to see how my endurance was. I think 9 could be done, but you would have to have the perfect day. your are right around 3500 vert per run.

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    I swore I'd never post on this board again, but....

Good news about no lift-served at Bogus this year. I was up there last year for the "Big Mountain Roundup," which was held on the same day as Knobby Tire's endurance race. It was a clusterfeck. Newbies piling it everywhere (saw more than one injured newbie), racers riding on the same trails that the hordes were on, and the trails took a beating. The best thing about riding at Bogus in the summer is the general lack of hordes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig View Post
    I swore I'd never post on this board again, but....
    Have no fear, I'm sure TwistedCrank will show up soon to insult everyone.

Good news about no lift-served at Bogus this year. I was up there last year for the "Big Mountain Roundup," which was held on the same day as Knobby Tire's endurance race. It was a clusterfeck. Newbies piling it everywhere (saw more than one injured newbie), racers riding on the same trails that the hordes were on, and the trails took a beating. The best thing about riding at Bogus in the summer is the general lack of hordes.
    I agree with you most of the year, but I think it's short-sighted to not want to promote the newbies. Helps keep public funds flowing into the trail system, and stave off the inevitable closing of trails to bikers. IMO. And I think it's fun.