mtbr member

no Bogus Basin saturday post yet?

I went up and took as a chance to take my daughter for some fun. It looked much better with 2 trails for people to ride. Still not worth $15 for a lift pass to ride two trails though.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Barneys Unite!

I didn't ride . . .

but it looked like everyone was having fun. A lot of big bikes.

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat
    I went up and took as a chance to take my daughter for some fun. It looked much better with 2 trails for people to ride. Still not worth $15 for a lift pass to ride two trails though.

2? I rode there in the morning, and did Elk Meadows, Face both directions, Tempest both directions, Shindig, Deerpoint, and a bunch of connector trails. There were some areas we didn't have time to explore. I love it up there.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Allikat, I saw ya up there. Good talking to you. Sat with Gary for a while at the SWIMBA tent. Huge props to you all for the work on the trails up there. They are very fun. I dont think I got all that I could from the Deerpoint trail due to feeling like a car in a train (all the other folks and uphill runner dude - seriously WTF?). I rode Elk Meadow first thing in the AM. Saw two hikers and a jogger. The flowers and views were spectacular. I rode Shindig, Face, bottom part of Tempest, and Sunshine (?? - back to front below the upper lodge) as well. Those are some sick switchbacks on Tempest. For me it was worth the 15$. My legs are not where they need to be and the 'easy' access to the trail heads was appreciated. Great work. My fav overall was Shindig. Tight and fun with close vegitation, etc. Very rare for the our trails around here.