Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Trail....

3K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  BelaySlave 
#1 ·
What we will be working on in the future....a new trail. And just for Crashburn...no trail machines will cut it. We will cut it all by hand.

Hope everyone can make it out for the fun...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Lovingly Hand Built

Visicypher said:
What we will be working on in the future....a new trail. And just for Crashburn...no trail machines will cut it. We will cut it all by hand.
Hope everyone can make it out for the fun...
There is a certain amount of pride of ownership that goes into a trail that is cut by hand -

Sharing your pride and joy can be contagious for future trail builders and create a sense of community among the users.

How about some trail signage

Hand Built Single Track - respect the land

Good Dirt Brother

#11 ·
oops

i may not be available afterall. some old friends are driving cross country to cali...and may be here in boise that night. if so, i'm out for this week.

what kinda work is this al? where? how much work are we talking (hours wise)?

i'll get in touch with my traveling friends...and find out where they are, when to expect them, etc.

hopefully they won't be here until friday.

#12 ·
The work will involve bench cuts, and some raking. I estimate that the trail will take 80 hours of labor. As for the where, I'll save that privilege for all that work on the trail. It is the only thing I can repay volunteers with...that privilege. Everyone else gets to ride it after we are finished.

#13 ·
Visicypher said:
The work will involve bench cuts, and some raking. I estimate that the trail will take 80 hours of labor. As for the where, I'll save that privilege for all that work on the trail. It is the only thing I can repay volunteers with...that privilege. Everyone else gets to ride it after we are finished.
Don't forget the Advil!

What we're experiencing is 920 meters of singletrack in the process of being birthed. I added some new dilations last weekend. This baby ain't no brownbagger. Here's a map showing you where it is.

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Vizsla friendly distance for sure. Make sure you bring a dog bowl. I'll have tools for 4 or so. If you must bring a tool, bring a Mcleod or garden rake. All we will be doing is clearing a 24" path in the forrest floor, aka grubbing and clearing to dirt according the the Forest Service Manual and the example section R2R has provided up there. We will NOT be moving dirt on Thursday, but will be doing the chain gang thing a and moving a lot of debris.

If we finish that, I'll show everyone the type of bench cut work that R2R expects.

#20 ·
Can I bring my 10 year old?

I would like to show up with my Daughter. Is this trail going to be easily accessible? Will we be riding to it? Is the school parking lot you speak of the one off of Bogus Road, I'm not to familiar with that area. Thanks.

Warren.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.