26er

Nature Lesson: Those strange trees on tablerock

The trees on tablerock bugged me for a while since no one knew what they were. Finally I have found out for anyone else who might care..definatly don't want to crash into one of these

Description:
    The native hackberry, which grows in Idaho’s foothills, deserts and canyons from Hells Canyon to the Boise Foothills, is a grocery store for wildlife. Its sharp, twisted branches are not welcomed by hikers walking by, or campers trying to set up a tent without ripping the fabric on the tree’s branches. But the tree is an important part of Idaho’s arid landscape. Its sweet berries provide food for an assortment of birds. Mule deer and antelope browse on its twigs. Beavers eat the wood. Thickets of hackberry also provide hiding places for deer and other wildlife. Although it is found in an arid landscape, it needs a constant water supply, so you’re most likely to find it along rivers, streams and seeps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Ive crashed into one, a small one, but it still sucked.

aaarrrggghh!
    I heard you got lanced. Rough section huh?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible
    I heard you got lanced. Rough section huh?
    Just hard to hold speed through that section. Had to jump of and the tree was right there. This rain and school are really starting to interfer with my saddle time.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    I think that's what I fell into on Rock Islands. I was going to wheelie a hump, but somehow my rear tire got kicked to the side, and to keep my balance, I turned.
    Bad move.

I ended up going off the trail and OTB into some really sharp bush. Maybe it was one of those bastards.