Thread: Mr Big Trail

mtbr member

Smile Mr Big Trail

I have a fairly new map for Ridge to Rivers, Shafer Butte trails and it shows that trail #124 Mr Big Trail is temporarily closed.

Is it now open? I would have rode it today but I didn't want to go some place that I shouldn't of. I rode East Side Trail and Sinker Creek Trail, they were fun.

Also is there any one here in Boise that is interested in riding up in that area on Fridays? I have Fridays off and would like to ride up there or even down here in town.

Thanks in advance for any information...

mtbr member
    As far as I know, Mr. Big is open. Are you talking about the "Temporary end of trail" thing on the map?

I rode it earlier this week and it was fine. Here is my blog post about the ride with a map and beta: http://mountainbikingboise.wordpress...r-big-and-out/

I'm available on Firdays if you want to ride, just send me a PM!

Look out!
    I think the temp trail closed on the map was because of the private property around stack rock. Now that the City of Boise owns that, those trails around it should be open to the public. Anyone know anything official?
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Open

As far as I know Mr. Big is open and riding well. SWIMBA cleared the downed logs off some time ago and I haven't heard of anything else falling on the trail.

Stump, Crash and Twister are permanently closed because of a nesting Goshawk.

If you haven't hit PTs lately, you should. The plants have grown around the trail and given the trail a primative feel again.

Mike e.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the information on this!!!

@ Irishbuddha - What is PTs? I am still new to riding here and don't know all of the trails yet!