Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    here's a buddy of mine's vicious. sweet!
    Does he have the Vicious built up yet?

I built up a Vicious Motivator (29er) just about a year ago. It's a great riding bike! It was supposed to be temporary frame (I picked it up for relatively cheap), to help me decided what I wanted in a 29er frame, but after a year of riding I don't have any plans on gettting rid of it. It looks like it's here to stay. If I were to go custom there are a few changes that I'd ask for, but otherwise, I'm happy as a clam.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Does he have the Vicious built up yet?

I built up a Vicious Motivator (29er) just about a year ago. It's a great riding bike! It was supposed to be temporary frame (I picked it up for relatively cheap), to help me decided what I wanted in a 29er frame, but after a year of riding I don't have any plans on gettting rid of it. It looks like it's here to stay. If I were to go custom there are a few changes that I'd ask for, but otherwise, I'm happy as a clam.
    yeah, he built it up. i just don't have any of it built up. sweet bike though. he has enjoyed it.

JAK
    mtbr member

lots of cool frames...but...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I vote for the Schwinn Homegrown, bass boat blue, made at the Yeti factory in Co. I think it also came in green, dark red.
    I suppose other classic HT's would be Specialized Stumpy, of course, Yeti ARC, Ells Sub 22.
    I vote for the YoEddy!!!!!

1. Ahead of its time relative to handling the gnar of the time
    2. Coolest micro gussets...double chin, on the fork blades and the lil strut between the top of the sstays
    3. A true Mountain bike for mountain trails...I spent a fair amount of time demo-ing bikes at Cambria in 89 or 90(whenever it first came out) and it shined galaxies beyond the rest when it came to simple Mountain Bike handling.
    Night has fallen.
    And there's nothin' we can do about it.

liver abuser
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    on this box..no riding pics. usually, they are just pics of my wife riding anyway..

here's my IF brand spankin' new:

here's a buddy of mine's vicious. sweet!

here's my wife's gunnar, my messy garage, and my ibis alibi in the background.

Who are you????
    Seriously, you have great taste. Can you post a picture of your girlfriend, too?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyGonzalas
    Who are you????
    Seriously, you have great taste. Can you post a picture of your girlfriend, too?
    my name is Cary. i'm usually riding with my wife and our two vizslas.

no, i won't post any pics of her; although there may be some pics from some previous post on here.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What does your handle mean?
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    What does your handle mean?
    i'm from South Carolina. went to USC (univ. of South Carolina). Our mascot is the Gamecock. a rooster. in cockfighting (mind you illegal in SC; a spur is attached to the cock's legs). our team colors are garnet and black. hence the name GarnetSpur.

and yes PETA is after us. but, moreso, the mascot is named after a revolutionary war figure from SC. Thomas Sumter. his nickname was the Gamecock.

go cocks. go eggroll.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    coolio! what did you study there? I been to N. Carolina (drove from Norfolk, VA to Charlotte). Didn't have a bike but trail ran that trail across the street from the motorcycle hero's house, and also trail ran York River St. Park. Really like how green it is and the tight, twisty trails! (my sister has since moved back and lives near Camp Pendleton)
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    coolio! what did you study there? I been to N. Carolina (drove from Norfolk, VA to Charlotte). Didn't have a bike but trail ran that trail across the street from the motorcycle hero's house, and also trail ran York River St. Park. Really like how green it is and the tight, twisty trails! (my sister has since moved back and lives near Camp Pendleton)
    yes extremely green. lots of trees. great food. funny accents. gotta love the dirty south.

artistic...
    Most classic... could be a Fat Chance Wicked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most Classic XC HT of all time?-wickedjuriquillaweb.jpg  

want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Most classic... could be a Fat Chance Wicked.
    I still miss my Wicked Fatty!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nice to see that old people know how to post pics on a web forum. I kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2