Montana Mountain Bike Alliance = working hard for us.
Recently I received an update on the progress that the Montana Mountain Bike Alliance has made in giving us a voice in the ongoing fight to preserve access to Montana's wonderful backcountry trails.

As cynical as I am about the future of mountain bike access to these special places, I am personally amazed at the perseverance and incredible selfless work ethic of the good men and women that are getting things done on our behalf behind the scenes. These are guys that work 7 days a week and have families and still find several hours in each day to devote to advocacy on our behalf. I know for a fact that we would be fugitives in the forest already if it weren't for their persistence in fighting for what they, and I, believe is one of the greatest freedoms that can be passed on to the next generation.

The freedom to travel some of the greatest paths in the world through some of the most spectacular landscapes I have ever imagined in the most fun low impact, and efficient way possible.

As I have said before, there is nothing I would rather do in my life than enjoy the liberty I currently have to travel by bicycle on these magical trails. I'm sure others feel the same way. I hope they use this forum to update us on the countless access issues they (and IMBA) are working on around the state

If you do, you should log onto their web sight, Montana Mountain Bike Alliance, and maybe throw them a few bucks. I can say personally that it is anything but a lost cause in the hands of these folks, some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of having something in common with.

And if you have any chance at all to go to the festival in Lima, please go, you won't be dissapointed when you get a chance to meet these great people and travel through that great country with them.

Thanks for listening.