Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

memorial weekend ride pics lets see them!

857 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Double H 
#1 ·
Monday was my first day off in a couple of weeks and I made good use of the time. MTNgirl and I spent the day riding! The work that was done to Sinker creek to repair the ATV damage was great. A HUGE thanks goes out to those that had time to do this. Every time I ride the trails up in the trees I fall in love all over again. MTNgirl's new bike rode great and she had a smile from ear to ear the whole day. We stopped and sessioned the more tech. spots and spent the better part of the day on our bikes. Here is a few pictures from our day!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What is this bike Turner that you speak of??

------

My Idaho City thread is down further on the page, but in a nutshell....

I went riding yesterday up at the Idaho City Park & Ski area. I rode from Whoop-Um-Up to Banner Ridge and then down the highway (ugh) back to Whoop-Um-Up.

Really nice to be in the trees and away from the hustle and bustle of the valley. It was tiring though.

Attachments

#6 ·
Sunday near Salt Lake

I bought this VT frame from Gary's neighbor. Sorry I'm bad with names. Now my Frankin bike that used to look like a hard tail looks like a dual suspension. I rode it up at White Pine Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon, just southwest of Salt Lake on Sunday. I worked 12hr days Wed. thru Sat. and couldn't get a flight out till 4pm on Sun. Soooooooooo I was forced to go for a bike ride. When I finished my ride this guy was looking for his dog near the parking lot. So being the nice guy Mtn Biker that I am, I found it for him. I was about six feet tall and named Bullwinkle.

Attachments

#7 ·
MTNgirl said:
what a beautiful day. nice to get up into the trees, and even nicer to not be at work! i am so in love with the Turner, she rides like a dream. all i can say is wheeeeeeeee!!!:D
Glad to see that you got the Turner, and that you're liking it! I saw your (or Jackstraw's) post in the Turner forum and wondered if you were going to pick up the Spot. Great bike, isn't it? As they say, the Kool-Aid is in the corner, help yourself!

There seem to be a lot of Turners in Boise now. We may have to get all of the Turner riders together. I'm sure I'd be the, uh, least-daring of the bunch, though.

HH

#8 ·
Double H said:
Glad to see that you got the Turner, and that you're liking it! I saw your (or Jackstraw's) post in the Turner forum and wondered if you were going to pick up the Spot. Great bike, isn't it? As they say, the Kool-Aid is in the corner, help yourself!

There seem to be a lot of Turners in Boise now. We may have to get all of the Turner riders together. I'm sure I'd be the, uh, least-daring of the bunch, though.

HH
i would love to ride with the other homers around town, i'm a big nerd for stuff like that! do you ride a spot as well? (i guess i could look at your profile but i'm not really into this computer stuff).

the bike is all i hoped it would be and more, i really love it. my avid juicy 7's are squealing to beat the band (i guess that's normal?) but i love them...ditto the rims (didn't go with the lightest wheelset but i had to leave something to upgrade to ;) i'm happy with the 5.1d's. i haven't tried the schwable (sp?) tires that a lot of the homers run (big betty and nobby nic) but i'd like to. they are spendy, and i'm happy with the kendas at this point.

still experimenting with the pike dual air, cranking it down for climbing and seeing what i can do with the compression. i'm still learning all this stuff! but it sure is fun! now wait til you see what the stork brought jackstraw...:D

#9 ·
MTNgirl said:
now wait til you see what the stork brought jackstraw...:D
Is he getting a Trek or Cannondale?

-----

What hubs did you get again? Zoke on the front? What's on the back?

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger soon and at least get the DT rims like yours and DT spokes. Still up in the air what hubs I want. May go Hope or Hadley's if BTI ever gets them in stock again. Thank you Yeti forum! Light schmight....I don't care about the weight...I just need a wheelset that won't taco under my fat ass.

I'm gonna go with a 7" rotor up front too.

PD'ing Kendas tonight after making a run to Custom after work.

I'll make sure to tell Colby what your bike is spec'd with!! :D

#10 ·
Double H said:
HH
I think you'd have me to compete with for that honor. I wonder how many other Boise Homers still have the MTBR Turner Jerzeys from a couple years ago? We might manage a pretty large group of Homers.

#12 ·
Look for a slow-moving black 'Spot

MTNgirl said:
i would love to ride with the other homers around town, i'm a big nerd for stuff like that! do you ride a spot as well? (i guess i could look at your profile but i'm not really into this computer stuff).

the bike is all i hoped it would be and more, i really love it. my avid juicy 7's are squealing to beat the band (i guess that's normal?) but i love them...ditto the rims (didn't go with the lightest wheelset but i had to leave something to upgrade to ;) i'm happy with the 5.1d's. i haven't tried the schwable (sp?) tires that a lot of the homers run (big betty and nobby nic) but i'd like to. they are spendy, and i'm happy with the kendas at this point.

still experimenting with the pike dual air, cranking it down for climbing and seeing what i can do with the compression. i'm still learning all this stuff! but it sure is fun! now wait til you see what the stork brought jackstraw...:D
I bought a 5 Spot about a year ago from Custom Cycles, and am amazed by the bike. It's a better bike than I am a rider, that's for sure. I had to cheap out on some of the components, but like you said, it gives me something to upgrade.

It took me a while to get used to a slower-handling bike, but I find myself cranking down the U-Turn less often than I used to. I guess I'm learning how to climb better and toss it into a corner. I was concerned about the weight at first, but don't really notice it anymore.

I love it when people get new bikes... Can't wait to see what Jackstraw gets!

HH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.