Hi!!!

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! March 1 - 4: Boise Bike Swap

http://www.boisebikeswap.com/

Man I need to figure out what I want to buy and what I want to sell.

Hi!!!
    BUMP

Anyone hitting this place up tomorrow night say around 7pm? I'll be there.

----

CBro...since you live near there, I'll try to drop off your seat. I'll let you know.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    BUMP

Anyone hitting this place up tomorrow night say around 7pm? I'll be there.

----

CBro...since you live near there, I'll try to drop off your seat. I'll let you know.
    BS - I'll be there tomorrow night, probably from 6 to 7 or so. You want me to bring those CD's?

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    BS - I'll be there tomorrow night, probably from 6 to 7 or so. You want me to bring those CD's?
    Yeah that'll be great Geoff. I'll try to keep an eye out for you and I'll PM you my cell #.

Thanks!

Oh....was there food at last years Swap? I thought they did have food back in the corner.

And I hope they have alot more cash registers going this time around. Waiting in line last year was painful.

Hi!!!
    Your PM box is full....

My cell: two-five-zero one-six-six-five

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Oh....was there food at last years Swap? I thought they did have food back in the corner.
    Don't know about food, but there was beer. MMmmmm. Beer. Bikemech23 kept me in brews at the swap all night, which wasn't necessarily a good thing, since cinnoman monkey and I went to the TdF movie later that night where I, in this order: spilled my can of malt liquor (which proceeded to roll down the theater, spraying malt liquor on everyone), passed out, and thed later tried to wrestle some guy for a set of golf shoes being raffled off. Good times.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Paging Crush_barn

Hey Crash_burn, was that your Trek Fuel frame and Psylo fork I saw at the swap last night as I was dropping off my tandem? It looked awfully familiar...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey Crash_burn, was that your Trek Fuel frame and Psylo fork I saw at the swap last night as I was dropping off my tandem? It looked awfully familiar...
    Did you by chance see any new Pike Air forks?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Did you by chance see any new Pike Air forks?
    Not that I noticed. I was there pretty early last night, and there wasn't much stuff yet. That, and when the folks running the swap noticed lots of people (like me and my son) were doing some "pre-sale shopping," they booted us out pretty quick.

Hoops - Big and Small

3 Frames

I dropped off three frames 2 road 1 mtn (Trek Fuel, Yes), I still have two more bikes to take over there.
    Last edited by Crash_Burn; 03-02-2006 at 10:39 AM.

Hi!!!
    Anyone score anything tonight? My friend Jay (who is probably still standing in line) is picking me up one of those obnoxious looking Answer long sleeve BMX jerseys for $10. He bought a pretty clean looking Centurion road bike. Saw some potential SS projects that I would pawn off on flipnidaho, but I said "screw it". Did see at least two Monocogs (Ian is one of them yours) there. Saw at least one Specialized fixie.

Ran into Geoff who introduced me to Cinammon Monkey. Didn't see anyone else I recognized unless you count CBro, but that was at his house.

My SpecialEd SS was still on the rack when I left as well as my pair of Answer Kashmir winter shoes. I hope my pump and HR monitor sold.

the new Gilbert Grape
    I got a nice seat post for $15, two beers, and a long wait to pay for the seat post (the beer line went quickly).
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Rocks Rock

dern it

I can't believe I'm missing the whole thing. Don't get back till Sun. PM. I really wanted that Trek Fuel frame.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member

1 item

I brought this fork for the G-Spot for $50 clams. Looks brand new and weighs next to nothing. It's lighter than my SID World Cup. It WAS going on to the Ionic SS but then I realized that it didn't come with canti studs. After researching the fork on the net (Spinner Aeris), it looks like the MSRP on these things are $800. Makes me wonder if I can just sell it for around $500 to pay for a disc wheelset (which was what I was originally looking for). Hmmm....
    I was also looking for frames for SS conversion but nothing caught my attention...
    Attached Images Attached Images

King of the Barneys
    Anyone score anything tonight? My friend Jay (who is probably still standing in line) is picking me up one of those obnoxious looking Answer long sleeve BMX jerseys for $10. He bought a pretty clean looking Centurion road bike. Saw some potential SS projects that I would pawn off on flipnidaho, but I said "screw it". Did see at least two Monocogs (Ian is one of them yours) there. Saw at least one Specialized fixie.

Ran into Geoff who introduced me to Cinammon Monkey. Didn't see anyone else I recognized unless you count CBro, but that was at his house.

My SpecialEd SS was still on the rack when I left as well as my pair of Answer Kashmir winter shoes. I hope my pump and HR monitor sold.

I had a beer with the Dirt Dart, but didn't find any good disc wheels that I was looking for. Saw some nice road bikes, and some really cool tandems, but the wife says one tandem is enough.

I heard there was a Ventana tandem there, but didn't see it in the crush of the crowds. O well, guess I saved a lot of money last night.

CDB
    thanks, Nick for dropping by, and someday you'll just have to sit down to dinner.
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    I heard there was a Ventana tandem there, but didn't see it in the crush of the crowds.
    No, it was a Santana tandem, not a Ventana.

I sold my old GT tandem for cheap but I'm not happy with what I got from the swap - a hangover! At least it was cheap...

Anyway, I thought the selection was not as good as last year, and the prices seemed a little high to me. My good deed for the night was recognizing that Crush_barn had mis-tagged two items - he put a $100 tag on his Fuel frame, fork, etc.., and a $500 tag on an old road frame. In my malt-liquor induced haze, I orded the swap monkeys to change the tags. Crush_barn's good return deed was convincing me not to buy his cruiser for $100 for the very simple reason that I have too many bikes already! (Crush, I told that story to my wife this morning and she asked me to extend her thanks to you.
    Last edited by Earthpig; 03-03-2006 at 11:15 AM. Reason: hangover-induced spelling error

Hi!!!
    Anyway, I thought the selection was not as good as last year
    This year's Swap didn't feel as big as it did last year. Maybe it was because the old Emporium is smaller than the old TJ Maxx.

And I also thought this year's selection was smaller than last years. Heck last night it seemed like the inventory was more akin to a late Saturday night instead of a first night.

And dang they do need to fix the long line syndrome. The cash only line was hella short, but if you wanted to pay by check, CC/Debit, you may as well bring a chair to sit in cuz it was a long wait.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Oh yeah, and it was good to run into all the usual suspects last night - cinnoman monkey, Crush_barn, Belay Slave, Nels, AK Dave, flipnidaho, and rocknrollbarbie from the board, Chris Haunold and Mark from IMT, Jerry from Hippietech, and Justin who used to work at IMT. Also ran into a couple of buds who ride but don't post. (Props to Brian A. from Lost River for saving a spot in line for us!) I'm sorry, but there are very few things I enjoy more than looking at and talking bikes, drinking beer, and running into members of the local cycling community. Long live the swap!

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    Yeah, the selection was alot smaller then last year. I love how some people overprice their stuff. One of the swap dudes said to check back on Saturday as they may receive more stuff to sell - dunno, just not as big as last year.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    And dang they do need to fix the long line syndrome. The cash only line was hella short, but if you wanted to pay by check, CC/Debit, you may as well bring a chair to sit in cuz it was a long wait.
    I talked to Vernon about that this morning and the choke point is that they only paid for one high-speed phone line which they needed for card verification. I guess those things are expensive - he said they originally wanted 4 lines which would have cost them 6 thousand beaver pelts.

Apparently the Albertson's did good business with people buying candy bars and getting cash back.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Apparently the Albertson's did good business with people buying candy bars and getting cash back.
    And the Wells Fargo (located next to the swap) was the big loser, with the "Out of Order" sign on their ATM. They could have raked in a $1.50 per person that visited the swap.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member

Good job! Ya done good remembering.....

Oh yeah, and it was good to run into all the usual suspects last night - cinnoman monkey, Crush_barn, Belay Slave, Nels, AK Dave, flipnidaho, and rocknrollbarbie from the board, Chris Haunold and Mark from IMT, Jerry from Hippietech, and Justin who used to work at IMT. Also ran into a couple of buds who ride but don't post. (Props to Brian A. from Lost River for saving a spot in line for us!) I'm sorry, but there are very few things I enjoy more than looking at and talking bikes, drinking beer, and running into members of the local cycling community. Long live the swap!
    Beer buzzzzzzz, remember all those names....I'm impressed! Good to meet ya last night. I wasn't going untill Nels called....good social event even if not shopping.
    Dave
    Idaho Transplant (closet roadie)

mtbr member
    i scored a pair of sidis for $7! no kidding!

they fit perfectly and are in great shape. worth waiting in line for.

i also rode that great bianchi cafe bike, which i was drooling over. very swanky town ride, too swanky in fact. i'd rather ride a beater around town so i don't have to worry about itgetting ripped off.
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

32by18.blogspot.com

uy!

1200g...ya know, shipping that over here to the PI shouldn't cost TOO much hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    I brought this fork for the G-Spot for $50 clams. Looks brand new and weighs next to nothing. It's lighter than my SID World Cup. It WAS going on to the Ionic SS but then I realized that it didn't come with canti studs. After researching the fork on the net (Spinner Aeris), it looks like the MSRP on these things are $800. Makes me wonder if I can just sell it for around $500 to pay for a disc wheelset (which was what I was originally looking for). Hmmm....
    I was also looking for frames for SS conversion but nothing caught my attention...
    mabuhay ang ReboluSSyon!