mtbr member

Make a change for yourself and your fellow species

Need motivation to ride your bike to werk, skool, or the BAR.....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5293273

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Even though it's kinda like preaching to the choir on here, anybody who can ride to work should ride to work.

26er

doesn't this belong on the political forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    Need motivation to ride your bike to werk, skool, or the BAR.....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5293273

as opposed to this one.
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member

Nope

Here is as good as anywhere. esp if commuters are on the fence as to whether it is worth the effort. if you dont do it for yourself, do it so as not to become extinct

and b/c its more fun than sitting in traffic

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    as opposed to this one.
    This thread is just fine right here so go shove it up your boomdaboomdaboomda. And if you missed the Terry Gross interview you missed another fine NPR driveway moment. And if you don't know what NPR is or who Terry Gross is then may god have mercy on your soul amen. And in case you haven't been keeping tabs on current events there are pisspots of garage sales going on this weekend so spring rawks.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Come on C - you can come up with better smack than that (I liked the EP dig). EarthPig is the new Gilligan, wait Gilligan is dead. Hmmm EarthPig has been replaced by the work commuting SlimPiggy.

This is a observation about the Idaho board - If all we talked about was - I'am moving to B town how are the trails, or the weather, or who's joining in the latest circle jerk, the board would be very boring.

Lets keep all subjects on the table, so let em fly.

Back to the topic at hand, I find it hard to feel like I'am making a difference to better the planet while riding my bike. I'am having way to much fun.

Maybe we should reset the evolutional cycle and just nuke the whole planet. Clear the board, start from scratch.

What would creatures in the primordial soup ride?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    And a discussion of dirt bikes is more appropriate???? I spackle in your general direction. :P

TC - Let's talk about rectal cranial insertion, snakes, monkey butts, personal livestock, and the fact that the pile almost came out of the water....man....I had to use the handles for that one.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    And a discussion of dirt bikes is more appropriate???? I spackle in your general direction. :P

TC - ..., personal livestock...
    There's a miniature livestock pen I go by on my lunchtime ride where they have the cutest little burros, sheep and cows you ever did see. It's hard to keep pedaling sometimes. I already have pet names for those little rascals.

On an unrelated note I rode my Poprad up Hulls and down the fweeway yesterday and it was the fastest I'd ever ridden the kroD loop. It was a riot popping air on the waterbreaks on that bike.

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    Come on C - you can come up with better smack than that (I liked the EP dig). EarthPig is the new Gilligan, wait Gilligan is dead. Hmmm EarthPig has been replaced by the work commuting SlimPiggy.

What would creatures in the primordial soup ride?
    Did I miss a digging? Who is C? Why do I have to be Gilligan? I'd rather be mountain biking than road commuting, but it's all time on the bike, right?

Primordial soup creatures ride PRO racer bikes.

Hoops - Big and Small
    Chris thought you might add a disclaimer to his secret trail ride - maybe that's why his trails are secret, he wants everybody to work as hard as he did to find that frikin trail.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    When I get my bike back from Ken's, hopefully tomorrow, I will ride to school every day the forecast is above "freeze off your testes".

26er

At least it has two wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher

TC - Let's talk about rectal cranial insertion, snakes, monkey butts, personal livestock, and the fact that the pile almost came out of the water....man....I had to use the handles for that one.
    Now you are gonna make me feel bad when I drive my gas guzzling truck while pulling my bulldozer so I can go do some recreational buldozzing out in the desert while running over some sage grouse leaks and plowing down some riparian areas

Seriously though I do actually ride my bike to work quite a bit althought it is more in response to poor air quality in the valley as opposed to global warming. I combine trips and drive a pretty fuel efficent car. I also listen to NPR on a regular basis and know who terry gross is.

I keep my heat low at home in the winter and the air conditioning high in the summer and try to recycle and compost as much as possible. Right now I only have to put the garbage out every three weeks.

Am I concerned about global warming, not really actually. I am frankly a lot more concerned about over population and that fact that human overpopulation will most likely doom more species than global warming. But overpopulation is not a popular topic nor is it really politically correct. Global warming might be great for mountain biking if more riding areas open up
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

26er

the more important question is...

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Did I miss a digging? Who is C? Why do I have to be Gilligan? I'd rather be mountain biking than road commuting, but it's all time on the bike, right?

Primordial soup creatures ride PRO racer bikes.
    who is mary ann? don't you look just like gilliagan if you squint and look sideways..
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I am frankly a lot more concerned about over population
    I got no problems with overpopulation so long as it gives me a chance to BREED.

That's why all these religious families have so many childrens. It's not because there's some kind of religious doctrine that says they're supposed to go forth and multiply so they can take over the world and save us from godless communism, muslim extremism and liberal humanism. It's cos the religious guys like to BREED. And if they can't breed they might as well mess up some poor choir boys.

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    Seriously though I do actually ride my bike to work quite a bit althought it is more in response to poor air quality in the valley as opposed to global warming. I combine trips and drive a pretty fuel efficent car. I also listen to NPR on a regular basis and know who terry gross is.
    Say Chris, didn't I hear you read an essay on NPR a few weeks back regarding the White Clouds?

Hey EarthPig, aren't you a closet wannabe Pro racer?

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    who is mary ann? don't you look just like gilliagan if you squint and look sideways..
    I'd vote for Jenny H. to be Mary Ann, but only if we could be on a deseted island...

These days, I'm going for more of a Maynard G. Krebs look, yet another member in the pantheon of memorable characters played by the late Bob Denver. Chris, you can be the Captain, but only if you call me "little buddy" as we're doing hike a bike in the Owyhees on Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's on your plate?
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    Hey EarthPig, aren't you a closet wannabe Pro racer?
    Naw, haven't you been keeping up? I'm a (former) slow, fat sport level racer who can't ride very far. The only thing I "wanna be" right now is NOT at work and ON a bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I got no problems with overpopulation so long as it gives me a chance to BREED.

That's why all these religious families have so many childrens. It's not because there's some kind of religious doctrine that says they're supposed to go forth and multiply so they can take over the world and save us from godless communism, muslim extremism and liberal humanism. It's cos the religious guys like to BREED. And if they can't breed they might as well mess up some poor choir boys.
    Boy am I glad to hear everyone on this board enjoys breeding. I was starting to wonder since the ride times are soooo early. Kept thinking, "are you out of your mind, that is the best time to share some wood." I am still wondering if it is the breeding or the practicing that everyone enjoys. If you just get a realitively painless knot tied in it, you can share all the fat fee sausage you want and not get yourself in a situation that messes up your future riding.

So go forth and practice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kuna
    Say Chris, didn't I hear you read an essay on NPR a few weeks back regarding the White Clouds?
    Yeah, the logic was something like this - open up wilderness to mountain bikes because that will solve the country's obesity problem. I still get a kick out of that one...

Funny thing is that if Chris's hypothesis were true (that opening up Wilderness to mountain bikes actually did solve the obesity problem) wouldn't that just add to the overpopulation problem that Chris is so concerned about?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

... and if we just ... Large Marge

Quote Originally Posted by boisematt
    Yeah, the logic was something like this - open up wilderness to mountain bikes because that will solve the country's obesity problem. I still get a kick out of that one...

Funny thing is that if Chris's hypothesis were true (that opening up Wilderness to mountain bikes actually did solve the obesity problem) wouldn't that just add to the overpopulation problem that Chris is so concerned about?
    Chris likes large softies. That is way he is on the Blue Ribbon Coalitions board just to make sure ATVs have the ability to rip it up!

Yes, I still have a boner for this issue!!!!!!!!

26er

actually

Quote Originally Posted by boisematt

I did not talk at all about opening up wilderness areas to bikes, but instead talked about keeping an area open to bikes which a lot of us enjoy riding in. I have always been in complete support of a permit system for the area which locks in the number of users at say 2004 levels and limits pack trains. Maybe you need to clear some bark out of your ears when you are listening to npr

I am sure after it gets designated as wilderness and backpacker magazine writes up a huge spread on the area that it won't get flooded with people. Personally I would rather keep it among the few who actually know about the area.
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

26er

I think you are mixing me up with earthpig...

Quote Originally Posted by Irishbuddha
    Chris likes large softies. That is way he is on the Blue Ribbon Coalitions board just to make sure ATVs have the ability to rip it up!

Yes, I still have a boner for this issue!!!!!!!!
    he likes the shapely girls, while I actually prefer my girls a little more slim and athletic. Not to say jenny is not a nice girl, but I would not pick her to be stranded on a deserted island with...hey does this deserted Island have some bike trails on it? And do I get stranded with my bike and have parts wash up on shore too when I need them. Hopefully I get some bike shorts to as I am a little afraid of the grass skirts giving me splinters in my butt...
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

26er

if you want to hear my soothing and sexy voice

you can go too:
    http://radio.boisestate.edu/stations/npr/idp.asp?link=1
    then click on the link for january 10th
    Live to ride!