Thread: Mahalo

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Mahalo

If you live in the Boise area, just wanted to let you know Mahalo is open for business and is riding great. So get it before it dries out.

As a side note, there are lots of people blowing and skidding the corners. Please stay on the trail and follow the lines that were built. They were built that way to keep the maintenance needs lower. And it looks like a bunch of people road the trail before the snow was off and cut the corners short. I know how much fun it is to get on trails early and hope you will give back to the community by doing a little trail work on this trail. South West Idaho Mountain Biking Association (SWIMBA) will be posting a maintenance day on our Facebook page and website in the near future. Come on out.

Thanks,

Mike e.

jalepenio jimenez
    are you saying "to get it while it's not hot" or to get it before the cattle find it?

or both...?

trail maintenance, in the trees...who wouldn't want to do that?
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

While its wet

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap View Post
    are you saying "to get it while it's not hot" or to get it before the cattle find it?

or both...?

trail maintenance, in the trees...who wouldn't want to do that?
    Get it while the soils are still tacky. The trail coming out is already dry and will be dusty in the near future.

Yeah miss working with you in the trees. Hope the bikes treating you well.

Mike e.

jalepenio jimenez
    as usual, mahalo kicked my ass today, not to mention bent my D hanger. free hub started slipping which caused way to many near stalls on the rocky sections, but managed to make it through without too much cursing. mavic freehub: second time in two years it's crapped out on me. maintenance day tomorrow. all in all, the ride is in pretty good condition.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Has anyone ridden the left fork at the bottom of Mahlo. My first run I (accidently) ended up on this trail.....just intrested.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Trail 155?

Quote Originally Posted by legal alien View Post
    Has anyone ridden the left fork at the bottom of Mahlo. My first run I (accidently) ended up on this trail.....just intrested.
    If you are talking about the second left (think its trail 155), it takes you down to Dagget Creek. It's been a while since I rode the trail but it climbs back up the creek bed and comes out on the ridge road just below the turn with the short motorcycle short cut trail. If I remember correctly there are other options off this trail.

Go for it and let us know what you think. It's not an adventure until you get lost.

Mike e.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the info, will let you know.